Celebrate Soulfully With These Black History Month Disney World Offerings
February 1st is officially here and with it Disney World’s Celebrate Soulfully kicks off in honor of Black History Month. Those lucky enough to be visiting the Most Magical Place on Earth can enjoy a variety of special experiences for Celebrate Soulfully that honor Black heritage and culture throughout the resort.
From incredible works of art to delicious eats and treats , there’s no shortage of soulful ways to celebrate Black History Month. Here’s a look at some of our favorites.
Meet the Artists at the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts
Head over to the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts which is currently in full swing and runs through February 20th. There are some incredible Black Artists featured for Black History Month including Kahran and Regis Bethencourt. The founders of CreativeSoul photography will be at EPCOT on February 3rd – 5th at the American Adventure Pavilion where they’ll show their re-imagined visions of classic Disney Princesses through dolls, costumes and photos.
The visit from Kahran and Regis Bethencourt will coincide with a gallery exhibition where guests can see the life-size dresses and natural hair styled wigs seen in their photographic prints.
Don’t Miss the Disney on Broadway Concert Series
Also during the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, you won’t want to miss the Disney on Broadway Concert Series held at the America Gardens Theater from February 4th – 19th. For Black History Month, you can check out these incredible Broadway performers.
- L. Steven Taylor (The Lion King)
- Kissy Simmons (The Lion King)
- Michael James Scott (Aladdin)
Disney Springs Art Walk: A Canvas of Expression
The Art Walk at Disney Springs will be receiving two new additions for Black History Month. They will both be painting their work live at Disney Springs during Black History Month. Ernest Shaw and Nneka Jones will join other incredible artists like Everett Spruill and David Anthony Geary.
Motown-Inspired Concerts at Disney Springs
Experience the sounds of Motown on Monday nights. Throughout Black History Month, music will take centerstage with Black musicians featured on all three main Disney Springs stages every Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights.
Celebrate Black Culture at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Head over to Disney’s Animal Kingdom this month where you’ll find a variety of music and art celebrating Black culture. You can move to the beats of the Congo with the Tam Tam Drummers or let loose during Viva Gaia, a Caribbean Street Party. At Animal Kingdom you’ll also find authentic imported African art, clothing, crafts, instruments and toys created by African artisans at the Mombasa Marketplace.
Make the trek to Animal Kingdom’s Conservation Station to learn about Disney’s first Black animator, Floyd Norman. He was skilled at bringing favorite characters to life using real animals as inspiration.
Celebrate Soulfully with a Little Help From Disney PhotoPass
Across the parks, Disney’s PhotoPass photographers will offer Magic Shots featuring Princess Tiana as well as The Proud Family, characters from Pixar’s Soul and more!
Cooking With Soul
For Black History Month, guests can indulge in special Food & Beverage offerings across Walt Disney World Resort. Some new items debuting this month include:
- Shrimp & Grits featuring spicy shrimp, corn grits with bacon jam and crispy radish at Tiffins in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Tiana’s Mardi Gras Shake featuring a cinnamon vanilla milkshake topped with a Mardi Gras King Cake Doughnut served at Hollywood Scoops in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Gumbo with chicken, andouille sausage, okra and seasonings offered at ABC Commissary in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Pineapple Mule cocktail with Uncle Nearest Tennessee Whiskey, pineapple juice, ginger beer and mint available at Geyser Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Soulful Sunday Dinner at The Artist’s Palette at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa featuring a dinner plate of barbeque chicken, collard greens, black eyed peas and house-made cornbread
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Frites featuring Sweet n’ Hot jerk marinated chicken, pineapple salsa, scotch bonnet aioli and fries available at The Daily Poutine at Disney Springs.
We’ll be trying out many of the special Celebrate Soulfully menu items for Black History Month so keep following along with us for updates!
Have you heard the news? MickeyTravels just earned the incredible distinction of being a Diamond Earmarked Agency!
Whether its a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This includes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking and so much more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!
Find out more or get your FREE no-obligation quote at firstname.lastname@example.org at 1.800.801.4025 or via Facebook