Everything You Need To Know About Disney’s All Star Sports Resort
If you were following along with MickeyBlog you may have seen the news earlier this week that Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort at Walt Disney World has finally reopened. The property has remained closed since the pandemic and its reopening was a massive milestone meaning that ALL Walt Disney World Resort properties have officially reopened.
With that in mind, I thought now would be the perfect time to share details on what an awesome value property All Star Sports really is!
All Star Sports is as the name suggests is the perfect place for sports lovers. The property is split up into sections based on competitive sports including including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis.
All three Disney All Star Resort properties are located in the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park Resort Area. Transportation to and from the theme parks is strictly by Walt Disney World Resort bus.
PLEASE NOTE: Unlike the other two All-Star Resort properties, Disney’s All-Star Sports has not benefitted from room renovations. That mans the rooms still feature the traditional furnishings above along with 2 Double Beds rather than two queens.
Room categories available at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort are as follows:
- Standard Room
- 2 Double Beds
- Sleeps up to Four Adults,
- Views of Courtyard, Pool or Parking Areas
- Preferred Room
- 2 Double Beds
- Sleeps Up To Four Adults
- Close to Stadium Hall, Dining, Shopping and Transportation
Food & Beverage
- Stadium Food Court: All the dining hits can be found at Stadium Food Court! This quick-service dining location has a food court set-up with stations featuring your favorite American fare. Mobile ordering is also available at this location. The food court is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Grandstand Spirits Pool Bar – Hang loose at this lively bar just 10 toes from the nose of the Surfboard Bay Pool. Here you’ll find a bevy of beverages, including specialty cocktails, frozen drinks, draft beer, sangria and wine.
- Surfboard Bay Pool: Surf’s up at this 242,471-gallon swimming hole designed to make you feel like you’re at the beach. The Surfboard Bay Pool features giant, 3-story surfboards lining the pool area, it’s the perfect place to catch some rays and cool off. For little ones, a kiddie pool is located behind Stadium Hall adjacent to Surfboard Bay Pool.
- Grand Slam Pool – This pool is shaped like a baseball diamond and features Goofy on a pitcher’s mound lobbing a stream of water at swimmers. Continuing the sporty theme, the sundeck is designed like an outfield and huge 3-story baseball bats line the pool area.
- Movies Under the Stars – Grab a blanket and head to the courtyard to watch a Disney film under the stars. Movie schedules are posted at the resort with different films showing throughout your stay!
- Jogging Trail – Keep up your running routine with a 1 mile course that stretches through all three of Disney’s All-Star properties.
- Playground – Kids can burn off that excess energy at this play park near the Touchdown section of the resort.
- Game Point Arcade – Filled with a wide array of awesome video games.
- Sport Goofy Gifts and Sundries –Score with logo souvenirs, sports apparel, character goods, snacks and supplies at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort. The shop is located off the main lobby area near the Stadium Food Court.
Find out more about this awesome property with this Instagram post from Disney Parks Blog.
View this post on Instagram
As one of Disney’s Value Resort properties, pricing at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort tends to be among the most reasonable properties that Disney has to offer. Currently rooms for Spring 2022 start at around $120 and go up to the $170 range for Preferred Rooms during peak periods. The property is also regularly included in Disney discount offers so you may be able to get some additional savings!
You can find the complete Disney’s All Star Sports Resort Pocket Guide here: Pocket Guide – All-Star Sports Pocket Guide
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!