Guests Will Start Receiving Emails Regarding Delayed Resort Re-openings
With Walt Disney World delaying the reopening of some of their resorts as part of their phased reopening, they will be sending out this email to Guests that currently have trips booked at those resorts.
The email reads:
We hope you’re looking forward to your upcoming vacation as much as we’re looking forward to having you here. Unfortunately, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is no longer planned to be open on the dates of your visit. We understand the inconvenience this may cause––especially if your plans had already been changed before.
Please accept our sincerest apologies and know how much we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We’re happy to reaccommodate you at one of the Disney Resort hotels that will be open during your stay. Of course, this will happen at no additional charge. Please contact your Travel Professional to discuss the Resort and room type options available to you and to assist with modifying your Disney Resort hotel. This modification will have no impact to other vacation experiences you may have booked, such as Theme Park reservations or dining.
Thanks for your patience as we all navigate these times together.
To view the latest list of available Disney Resort hotels currently open and all experience updates, click here.
Resorts with Delayed Reopening
Two Walt Disney World Resorts will open a few months later than originally scheduled. They are:
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will now reopen on October 4, 2020. It was originally scheduled to reopen on August 12, 2020.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will now reopen on November 1, 2020. Art of Animation was originally scheduled to reopen on August 12, 2020 as well.
Resorts to Remain Closed Indefinitely
Two Walt Disney Resort Hotels will remain closed at this time. They are:
- Disney Beach Club Resort which was originally set to open on August 24, 2020.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn which was originally scheduled to reopen on October 1, 2020.
Reopening Timeline for Other Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
The following Walt Disney World Resort Hotels will reopen as planned:
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will reopen on July 29, 2020.
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will reopen on August 24, 2020.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will reopen on September 21, 2020.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will reopen on October 14, 2020.
Other Resort Hotels Closed Indefinitely
We still do not have the reopening dates for the following Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels Currently Open
The following Walt Disney World Resort Hotels are currently open and welcoming Guests:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Has your trip been affected by these changes? Let us know in the comments.
Thinking about a Disney getaway? 2020 packages are now once again available for booking and 2021 packages are now open! Fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? Contact me today at MickeyTravels for your FREE, no obligation quote for a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures By Disney vacation! My magical planning services are included at no extra cost. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.