Walt Disney World Delays Reopening of Select Resort Hotels, Some Closed Indefinitely
As Walt Disney World continues their phased reopening, the reopening of select Resort Hotels has been staggered. Today, Disney has shared with us that two Resorts will have their opening delayed by a few months while two other Resorts will remain closed indefinitely.
Resorts with Delayed Reopening
Two Walt Disney World Resorts will open a few months later than originally scheduled. They are:
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will now reopen on October 4, 2020. It was originally scheduled to reopen on August 12, 2020.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will now reopen on November 1, 2020. Art of Animation was originally scheduled to reopen on August 12, 2020 as well.
Resorts to Remain Closed Indefinitely
Two Walt Disney Resort Hotels will remain closed at this time. They are:
- Disney Beach Club Resort which was originally set to open on August 24, 2020.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn which was originally scheduled to reopen on October 1, 2020.
Reopening Timeline for Other Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
The following Walt Disney World Resort Hotels will reopen as planned:
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will reopen on July 29, 2020.
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will reopen on August 24, 2020.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will reopen on September 21, 2020.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will reopen on October 14, 2020.
Other Resort Hotels Closed Indefinitely
We still do not have the reopening dates for the following Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels Currently Open
The following Walt Disney World Resort Hotels are currently open and welcoming Guests:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
If you are impacted by these reopening dates changes, you will be receiving an email from Disney and/or your travel agents to change your reservation to a comparable Resort. This a a very fluid situation but us here at MickeyBlog.com will bring you any updates as they are available.
Are you impacted by the change in reopening dates for these Walt Disney World Resort Hotels? Let us know in the comments below.
Let’s start planning your Walt Disney World vacation! Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation with me by December 31, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with a 3-day ticket
Image/Source Credit: Disney