2019 Central Florida Theme Park Injury Reports Released for 3rd Quarter
Central Florida state reporting of theme park incidents and injuries have been released for the 3rd Quarter of 2019. This covers events occurring July through September at Sea World, Busch Gardens, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and Legoland. The Central Florida theme parks must provide these to the state in order to remain exempt from major inspection.
For the 3rd Quarter of 2019, the 14 incidents and injuries reported occurred at Sea World, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and Legoland. No incidents or injuries were reported at Busch Gardens this quarter.
- 7/3/19 – Na’vi River Journey, 83 year old male, injured hip entering the attraction
- 7/5/19 – Expedition Everest, 41 year old female, seizure after experiencing the attraction
- 7/9/19 – Mission: Space, 34 year old male, guest with history of motion sickness became ill after riding
- 7/21/19 – Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid, 69 year old female, guest with pre-existing medical condition had a seizure after experiencing the attraction
- 7/23/19 – Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, 75 year old male, guest fell loading onto the attraction;multiple abrasions and contusions
- 8/19/19 – Star Tours, 40 year old male, guest with pre-existing medical condition had a seizure and fell after riding
- 9/22/19 – Expedition Everest, 45 year old female, guest felt ill; migraine and vomiting
- 9/22/19 – Castaway Creek, 44 year old female, guest experienced sudden memory loss
- 9/25/19 – Peter Pan’s Flight, 4 year old male, guest with pre-existing medical condition had a seizure after experiencing the attraction
- 7/11/19 – Punga Racers, 47 year old male, numbness
- 7/12/19 – Dr. Doom’s Fearfall, 62 year old female, motion sickness
- 8/6/19 – Revenge of the Mummy, 65 year old male, back pain
- 9/20/19 – Ray Rush, 56 year old female, elbow injury
- 9/13/19 – Masters of Flight, 32 year old female, pregnant women (34 weeks) complained of lower back pain radiating to her abdomen after riding attraction
Please note only illnesses or incidents resulting in a hospital stay of 24-hours or more including deaths are reported.
Source Credit: Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services