EPCOT’s Still-To-Open Eatery Space 220 Is Looking For A Pastry Chef
One of the greatest mysteries in recent Disney memory is when Disney World’s high-concept eatery Space 220 will open to eager diners! This EPCOT eatery has been teased for years now and was originally slated to open in the Winter of 2019. However, there were construction delays and then the pandemic and… we’re still waiting.
However, we may be inching closer to lift-off Disney friends with a recent job posting. It would appear that Space 220 is currently looking for an Executive Pastry Chef!
Delaware North which oversees hiring for Patina Restaurant Group currently has a job posting for an Executive Pastry Chef and here are the exciting details:
Delaware North’s Patina Restaurant Group is searching for an experienced and talented Executive Pastry Chef to join our team at Space 220 in Orlando, Florida. In this role, you will contribute to the launch and continued success of Space 220 Restaurant. Our ideal Executive Pastry Chef has an exceptional knowledge of food and is dedicated to creating extraordinary dining experiences for guests.
- Oversee the daily production of the pastry and dessert program.
- Maintain the pastry and dessert menu, utilizing all products and food ingredients with a sense of artistic talent.
- Assist in recipe development, portion specifications, and establish standard preparation procedures for all assigned dishes.
- Hire, train, and monitor the pastry team; continuously motivate and support employees; conduct performance reviews; reward and discipline individuals as necessary.
- Lead, cook, bake, and create by example while working cohesively as a part of a team with minimal supervision to complete all necessary kitchen and administrative tasks.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and participate in the correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended and ensure associates follow suit.
- Regularly inspect units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance. Ensure that all protocols are in line with health department standards.
- Be willing to gain knowledge of and maintain company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control, and hiring, counseling, termination policies.
- Acknowledge and comply with all company policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Pastry Chef with supervisory responsibilities in a restaurant, hotel, or catering company with a similar style of dining, capacity, and volume.
- Has passion for pastry and culinary excellence and is eager to improve their skills and share their craft with team and guests.
- Knowledgable of best practices for monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development, costing, ordering, and inventory procedures.
- Ability to multitask and remain in control in a high volume, fast-paced, demanding environment, while maintaining your sense of humor.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, taking things in stride and executing with poise.
- Professional, polished appearance with the ability to interact with all types of team members.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to lead, coach, develop, and train others.
- Ability to follow and write bulk recipes for production and service.
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel.
If you consider yourself a bit of a culinary master then you can apply for the job here.
Disney has yet to announce and official opening date or a menu for the out-of-this-world eatery but the website does give us a few details! We know of course that the restaurant (which will be located next to Mission: Space) will be designed to give guests the feeling that they are dining in space while orbiting the earth. Panoramic video screens will show expansive outer space vistas. The view will be dynamic and Disney has previously boasted that the scenery will change from daytime to nighttime views of the Earth 220 miles up!
Guests will board a special “space elevator” that will ascend to the stars. During the arrival Disney has said that there will be viewports that will give guests an aerial view of EPCOT as you soar high above the planet!
The few hints we have about the menu suggest that it will feature modern American cuisine with more than 1,000 bottles of wine and a wide selection of craft beer.
We don’t EVER remember being more excited about a restaurant opening. Keep following along with us here at MickeyBlog and we promise to let you know the minute we hear any more Space 220 news!
Get a Jumpstart On Your Travel Plans And Get A FREE Disney Gift Card!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World vacation packages are currently available through June 2022! Book your 2022 stay with ME through May of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook