RECIPE: Padma Lakshmi from Hulu’s Taste the Nation Shares Cookie Tutorial
We’ve got a delectable holiday treat coming to you straight from our friends at Hulu! Padma Lakshmi from Hulu’s Taste the Nation is sharing a delicious Cinnamon Tea Cookie recipe that we can’t wait to add to our Christmas Cookie line-up!
Cinnamon Tea Cookies
Makes approximately 30 cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2. Sift all dry ingredients except the sugar together in a bowl. In another bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth. Combine contents of both bowls together to form a cohesive cookie dough.
- 3. Using your hands, make small balls about 1 inch in diameter with the dough. Place these balls 2 inches apart on a nonstick baking sheet or line a shallow sheet pan with parchment paper and fill.
- 4. Bake these in the oven for 12–15 minutes or until just medium brown. Cool on a rack and store in airtight containers. Should last for up to 2 weeks.
And if you’ve yet to see Taste the Nation on Hulu you’ll definitely want to check it out. Award-winning cookbook author, Padma takes audiences on a cross-country journey to explore the rice and diverse food culture of various immigrant groups in America to explore what traditions heavily shaped the American cuisine that we know and love today. All episodes of Taste the Nation are now streaming, only on Hulu.
Readers are also encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Disney-related news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, and Fastpass reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or on Facebook and let’s get planning