Le Cellier Steakhouse Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe
Just because we can’t visit EPCOT in person right now doesn’t mean we can’t do our best to re-create the experience. Today I’m sharing how to enjoy the famous Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe from HOME!
Although featured in many of the Disney cookbooks, the Disney Parks Blog has decided to share it for the first time on their site. This is the exact same recipe for the classic soup that you would find on the menu at Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada pavilion.
Mmmmm cheese!!!! Grab a spoon and let’s dive in….
Le Cellier Steakhouse Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe from EPCOT
1/2 pound of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
4 cups milk
1 pound white cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup warm Canadian golden lager or any pale lager-style beer
Chopped scallions or chives, for garnish
- In a 4- or 5-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon, stirring, over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add red onion, celery, and butter and sauté until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes over medium heat. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after milk is added.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend with immersion blender until cheese is melted and soup is smooth. Stir in warm beer. If the soup is too thick, thin with some warm milk.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped scallions or chives.
Prefer a hard copy of the Le Cellier Steakhouse Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe? Click here for a printable version of this recipe!
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical packages available for 2020! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!