Disney To Celebrate Earth Day With a Range of Awesome Programs
This year, it’s time to celebrate a different Earth Day of sorts. In year’s past, we’d be heading to Animal Kingdom for a day of special festivities. But social distancing doesn’t mean that you can’t celebrate this year! To commemorate 50 years of Earth Day, Disney has, across its different networks has pulled together an awesome day of programming.
Beginning on Monday, April 20th, the festivities will kick off with special interstitials featuring the animal care and conservation efforts by Animal Kingdom Cast Members culminating in a full day of Earth Day programming on Wednesday, April 22nd!
On WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, the Disney Channel will feature the following Earth Day-themed programming:
- Earth Day Interstitials- Produced in collaboration with National Geographic, the Earth Day interstitials were filmed last month at Animal Kingdom theme park. Hosted by Christian J. Simon and Ava Kolker (“Sydney to the Max) these mini-episodes take viewers on a fun and educational adventure where they encounter a wide range of animals including elephants, tigers, gorillas and learn about protecting wildlife.
- BUNK’D “Water Under the Dock” (2:00-2:30 P.M. EDT)- “Water Under the Dock” – Destiny organizes a dance to raise money to clean up Lake Kikiwaka.
- BUNK’D “Lake Rancid” (2:30-3:00 P.M. EDT)- “Lake Rancid” – A magazine wants to do a story on Destiny’s community service.
- Big City Greens “Park Pandemonium/Cricket’s Biscuits”- (3:00-3:25 P.M. EDT)
- “Park Pandemonium” – When Gramma refuses to join Tilly’s planned activities at the city park, Tilly tries making her jealous.
- “Cricket’s Biscuits” – Gramma makes a batch of her special biscuits for Cricket and Tilly when they’re hurt, but refuses to make any more after they’ve recovered.
- Big City Greens “Level Up/Wild Side” (3:25-3:50 P.M. EDT)
- “Level Up” – When Bill gets hooked on a farm-simulating video game, Cricket must battle him to break his addiction.
- “Wild Side” – Cricket’s wild side takes over when Bill is unable to replicate their old camping trips.
- Disneynature Monkey Kingdom (Disney Channel Premiere) (3:50-5:15 P.M. EDT) –A spectacular tale set among ancient ruins in the storied jungles of South Asia, “Monkey Kingdom” is centered on a clever, resourceful monkey named Maya, who finds her world changed forever when she welcomes her son Kip into her colorful extended family.
- Disneynature Penguins (Disney Channel Premiere) (5:15 P.M.-6:35 P.M. EDT) –Disneynature’s all-new feature film “Penguins” is a coming-of-age story about an Adélie penguin named Steve, who joins millions of fellow males in the icy Antarctic spring on a quest to build a suitable nest, find a life partner and start a family.
- Disneynature Monkey Kingdom (6:35-8:00 P.M. EDT)
- Born Wild: The Next Generation (National Geographic Special) –(8:00-9:00 P.M. EDT) Hosted by “Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts, this hour-long special is a worldwide celebration of our vibrant planet, experienced through the eyes of baby animals and their families.
- Disneynature Penguins (9:00 P.M.-10:20 P.M. EDT)
- Raven’s Home “Dressed to Express” (10:20-10:45 P.M. EDT) Nia changes her personal style in an effort to fit in with the school’s new conservation club. When the leader still doesn’t let her join, Nia sets out to find another way she can make a difference in the school.
- Sydney to the Max “Going The Green Mile” (10:45-11:15 P.M. EDT) –In an effort to save the planet, Sydney and her friends stage a student protest to convince the cafeteria to go green. Back in the ’90s, Max and Leo fight to keep their school from getting rid of the junk food in the vending machines.
- Coop & Cami Ask the World “Would You Wrather Trash a Friend?” (11:15-11:45 P.M. EDT) – When Coop and Fred go on a recycling spree to prove they care about the Earth, they accidentally throw away a sculpture that was donated for Charlotte’s fundraiser.
Disney XD will celebrate Earth Day by offering viewers a full-day marathon of the popular series “Amphibia.” After that viewers can enjoy a presentation of DisneyNature film “Born in China.”
- Amphibia Marathon –(9:00 A.M.-3:00 P.M. EDT) “Amphibia” is a frog-out-of-water animated comedy series that chronicles the adventures of 13-year-old Anne Boonchuy, who is magically transported to the fantastical world of Amphibia, a rural marshland full of frog people.
- Disneynature Born in China –(3:00-4:45 P.M. EDT) “Born in China” follows the adventures of three animal families – the majestic panda, the savvy golden monkey and the elusive snow leopard.
Disney Junor will feature their regular schedule of programs on Earth Day. However, “Mira Royal Detective,” “Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures,” “T.O.T.S,”, “Muppet Babies” and “Puppy Dog Pals” will spotlight special themed episodes in honor of Earth Day. The channel will also feature on-air messages created especially for preschoolers to teach them Earth Day themes like how to take care of animals and the world around them.
Other Earth Day Offerings:
- Disney NOW- The DisneyNOW app will feature an Earth Day Collection and a 10-minute extended version of the Disney’s Animal Kingdom interstitials.
- Disney Channel on Instagram – Be sure to pop by on Earth Day for special content including participation from “Zombies 2” stars Chandler Kinney and Trevor Tordjmqan. In addition, @DisneyTVA will present an “Amphibia” IGTV episode that is brimming with facts about amphibians and how important they are to their ecosystems
This is just some of the incredible ways that you can celebrate Earth Day with Disney! Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more!
Start planning for 2021 now! Fill out our form below and MickeyTravels will reach out with your FREE, no-obligation quote as soon as rates are made available.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook