FULL GUIDE to Festive Gingerbread Houses at Disney Parks and Resorts
The amazing gingerbread house displays are starting to come alive for the holiday season at Disney World and Disneyland!
The culinary team at Disney is majorly talented and so many guests look forward to seeing these displays every year. Take a look at what to expect this holiday season!
Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa
Starting November 10th, the gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa in Disneyland will be on display in the lobby.
Standing 7 feet tall and 12 feet wide, it is molded from more than 600 pounds of gingerbread, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant, and one pound of pixie dust. And don’t forget to keep your eyes out for the 25 hidden Mickeys!
Great Hall Cart Menu
- Mickey Mouse-shaped Poinsettia Cookie
- Mickey-shaped Gingerbread Cookie
- Christmas Cookie
- Holiday Cookie Box: will include two milk chocolate-dipped Mickey-shaped cookies, two raspberry-filled cookies and two sugar cookies with festive sprinkles
- Assorted Macarons: Assorted macaron box will include two gingerbread, two peppermint and two Mexican hot chocolate
- Kwanzaa Sweet Potato Loaf
- Crisped Rice Treat
- Holiday Cinnamon Buns (New)
- Hot Cocoa Cookies (New)
- Coffee with Liqueur (Available with Amaretto, Butterscotch, Captain Morgan, Crown Royal Apple, Godiva Chocolate, Grand Marnier, Jameson Whiskey, Peppermint Schnapps, Rumchata, Rumple Minz, Skrewball Whiskey) (New)
- Eggnog with Baileys
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot with Milk
- Gingerbread Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Red Velvet Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot with Liqueur (Available with Amaretto, Butterscotch, Captain Morgan, Crown Royal Apple, Godiva Chocolate, Grand Marnier, Jameson Whiskey, Peppermint Schnapps, Rumchata, Rumple Minz, Skrewball Whiskey)
- Cookie shot with Louis XIII Cognac
- Cookie shot with Clase Azul Ultra Anejo
Haunted Mansion Holiday in Disneyland Park
This next gingerbread house is lucky enough to be able to stay around from the Halloween season at Haunted Mansion Holiday.
In Disneyland Park, the Haunted Mansion gingerbread house will stay on full display as Haunted Mansion’s special Nightmare Before Christmas holiday overlay lasts through January 8, 2024.
The gingerbread house weighs almost 300 pounds and features three moving elements. The display took thirteen Cast Members to put it together and over 20 days to build!
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
I think this one is my favorite to see each year. The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa gingerbread house is a wonderful tradition every year! This will be the 24th year for this life-size replica covered in white chocolate candy canes, edible snowflakes, sugar poinsettias, and over 10,000 pieces of gingerbread.
This year’s display will also include an 85-pound chocolate Santa, nutcrackers, toy soldiers, and snowmen that are all hand-painted by the Grand Floridian Bakery team led by Pastry Chef de Cuisine Kristine Farmer.
500 hours went into baking the gingerbread and more than 480 hours will go into decorating and building it. Keep your eyes out for the 24 hidden Mickeys!
The sweets shop will be open from November 8 through January 1, 2024.
Grand Floridian Gingerbread House Menu
- Freshly baked, homemade items, such as Gingerbread Mickeys and Shingles, Stollen Bread, Brownie Christmas Tree, and Gingersnap Cookies
- House-made Gingerbread Ornaments and Gingerbread Houses
- Assorted Gingerbread Cookie Bags, Marshmallow Pops, and Milk Chocolate Pecan Fudge
- Grand Floridian Combo Box featuring assorted fan favorite treats, including the cookies n’ cream Christmas Tree, exclusive to this box
- Plant-based, no sugar added, and gluten-friendly options
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Beach Club takes a different spin on the gingerbread houses and displays a gingerbread holiday carousel!
A tradition for more than 22 years now, the Beach Club carousel holds 434 pounds of honey, 25 pounds of spices, and 200 pounds of icing. The inspiration this year is from DuckTales, with the horses themed after Donald Duck and his nephews, Huey, Duey, and Louie.
There will also be 22 hidden Mickeys to find within the display.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort Gingerbread Display Menu
- Signature Stollen Bread
- Lighthouse Fudge
- Mickey Snowman Pop
- Crispy Rice Treat
- Peppermint Bark
- Gingerbread Shingle
- Hot Chocolate Flight
- Hot Chocolate
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
A new gingerbread display will debut for the first time at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, featuring a lighthouse created by Pastry Chef de Cuisine Michael Craig. Craig used real lighthouse blueprints from the lighthouse located on Crescent Lake, just outside the resort.
A holiday pop-up shop will also open alongside the lighthouse gingerbread, with the Lighthouse Fudge being a standout offering.
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
Over at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, guests will be able to experience their gingerbread display from November 17 through December 27.
This display features a replica of BoardWalk’s very own Boardwalk Deli, which is also home to the BoardWalk Inn Bakery team led by Pastry Chef Alex Vacher.
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Gingerbread Display Menu
- Mickey and Minnie Sugar Cookies
- Mickey Caramel Corn Cookie
- Christmas Tree Pop
- Peppermint Bark
- Gingerbread Shingles
- Gluten/ Wheat-Friendly and Plant-based Gingerbread Shingles
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge — Jambo House
And at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge — Jambo House lobby, stop by to see a gingerbread baby zebra and giraffe on display from November 22 through December 31.
This tradition was created by the Animal Kingdom Lodge bakery led by Pastry Chef Lexy Ross, who has created Ginger the Giraffe (aka ginger-affe) and Debra the Zebra with a combination of gingerbread, sugar dough, and modeling chocolate. The baby giraffe actually stands 7 feet tall!
You can pick up some sweet treats from the holiday pop-up shop, which will include a Gingeraffe Cookie, Hot Cocoa Flight, and beer, wine, and cocktails!
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Another fan favorite is the beautiful gingerbread display at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. In 2023, it’s back for its 12th year led by Pastry Chef Jeff Barnes with a Mary Blair-inspired 100th Celebration-themed castle display created by Walt Disney Imagineers. It will be on display between November 10 and January 6, 2024 on the 4th four of the Contemporary.
This gingerbread display will be made of 612 pounds of sugar, 1,012 pounds of flour, 112 pounds of gingerbread spice, and over 4000 castle gingerbread bricks. It stands over 17 feet tall! Also, be on the lookout for the 12 hidden five-legged goats.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Gingerbread Display Menu
- Gingerbread Castle Brick
- Paint Your Own Cookie Box
- Hot Chocolate Caramel Fudge
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookie
- Pistachio Linzer Cookie
- 5-Legged Goat Cookie
- Gluten/Wheat Friendly Gingerbread Cookie
- Gingerbread Latte Cupcake
- Christmas Tree Butter Cookie
- Frozen Hot Chocolate (Also available with Peppermint Schnapps)
- Frozen Apple Cider (Also available with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky floater)
EPCOT — American Adventure Pavilion
And finally, from November 24 through December 30, you can see the very detailed gingerbread versions of the Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, and the American Pavilion at the American Pavilion in EPCOT.
There will be 6 hidden Mickeys throughout the display.
Make sure to visit all of the amazing displays this holiday season and let us know your favorite!
Thinking of a Disney vacation? There’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+, and dining reservations. Best of all, my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Just fill out my form HERE to get your complimentary, no-obligation quote. Also, feel free to reach out directly at 843.288.1130, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.