Disneyland Wait Times for September 2023
The Happiest Place on Earth is enjoying one of its greatest years ever.
That’s fitting since Disneyland Resort doubles as the home to The Walt Disney Company’s Disney100 centennial celebration.
Thus far this year, Disneyland has opened a new attraction, a re-themed attraction, and two newly redesigned themed lands.
Not coincidentally, attendance has remained high throughout the year.
How were the wait times last month? Let’s check!
Technically, Disney doesn’t turn 100 until October 16th, but Disneyland Park rolled out the red carpet in January.
At the time, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway opened. Two months later, the redesigned Mickey’s Toontown debuted.
By the end of this month, Disney will open its fourth official hotel at Disneyland Resort.
Also, as we’ll discuss, a new themed land has opened at Disney California Adventure as well.
Obviously, we’re in a transitional period at the park, and I mean that in the best possible way.
In fact, Disneyland just announced a new Haunted Mansion store and expansion of the attraction area for 2024!
On the downside, the glorious summer show, Rogers: The Musical, has performed for the last time.
Hopefully, Disney turns this presentation into an annual summer attraction…or maybe even a permanent one!
This attraction didn’t impact wait times for the past month, though. It was a virtual queue attraction only.
Average Waits at Disneyland Park
Here are Disneyland’s average wait times for the past month:
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – 62 minutes, down 9
- Indiana Jones Adventure – 54 minutes, down 5
- Space Mountain – 53 minutes, down 4
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin – 51 minutes, down 2
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – 49 minutes, down 2
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 47 minutes, down 4
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – 40 minutes, down 1
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue! – 40 minutes, up 9
- Haunted Mansion – 39 minutes, up 4
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 37 minutes, down 2
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 36 minutes, up 2
- Alice in Wonderland – 32 minutes, up 1
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETCoaster – 32 minutes, down 1
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Mickey’s House – 29 minutes, down 2
- Autopia – 28 minutes, down 1
- Astro Orbiter – 26 minutes, down 3
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 26 minutes, down 3
- Jungle Cruise – 26 minutes, down 2
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters – 25 minutes, down 2
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage – 24 minutes, down 7
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 24 minutes, down 2
- Toad’s Wild Ride – 21 minutes, up 1
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish – 21 minutes, up 1
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey – 17 minutes, no change
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes – 16 minutes, up 1
- It’s a Small World – 16 minutes, up 1
- Storybook Land Canal Boats – 16 minutes, up 1
- Disneyland Railroad – 14 minutes, down 1
- Casey Jr. Circus Train – 13 minutes, up 3
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 12 minutes, up 1
- King Arthur Carrousel – 11 minutes, up 1
- Mad Tea Party – 11 minutes, no change
- Meet Tinkerbell – 8 minutes, down 2
Let’s Talk about Disneyland Wait Times
Let’s remember that we discuss the wait times, we’re talking about the previous month’s data.
So, the “September” wait times involve analysis of August data. And we’re comparing those numbers with the prior month, July.
Since school goes back in session in many locations in August, that month shouldn’t have longer wait times than what we witnessed in July.
The 2023 data tracks with this statement. Guests stood in line for an average of 29 minutes this past month.
That’s one minute less than last month. More importantly, if you’re visiting in September, you should enjoy some of the shortest waits of the year.
Disney California Adventure
While theme park behavior is fairly static when it comes to the annual calendar, Disney California Adventure sometimes offers surprises.
Did this park’s wait times decrease last month? Let’s check.
Here are the average attraction wait times:
- Radiator Springs Racers – 77 minutes, down 6
- Toy Story Midway Mania! – 55 minutes, no change
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – 51 minutes, down 7
- WEBSLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure – 48 minutes, down 3
- Grizzly River Run – 46 minutes, down 10
- Soarin’ Around the World – 45 minutes, down 4
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! – 40 minutes, down 3
- Goofy’s Sky School – 38 minutes, down 4
- The Incredicoaster – 33 minutes, down 4
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – 31 minutes, down 5
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters – 28 minutes, down 2
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind – 17 minutes, down 3
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree – 17 minutes, down 3
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure – 16 minutes, down 2
- Silly Symphony Swings – 14 minutes, down 2
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish – 13 minutes, no change
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – 13 minutes, up 1
- Golden Zephyr – 11 minutes, down 2
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel – 5 minutes, no change
Overall, guests stood in line for an average of 28 minutes, which is three minutes less than the previous month.
In case you’re wondering, San Fransokyo Square only operated for one day, so it didn’t impact wait times in the least. Honestly, it probably won’t since it doesn’t offer attractions.
However, it’ll have the same impact as Rogers: The Musical in that it’s something else for guests to enjoy at Disney California Adventure.
With Rogers: The Musical ending, San Fransokyo Square basically evens things out.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below, and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon!
Feature Photo: (Paul Hiffmeyer/Disneyland Resort)