NOW OPEN: San Fransokyo Square at Disney California Adventure Park
We are so excited to share the news that Disneyland Resort’s newest neighborhood is now open! San Fransokyo Square, inspired by the fictitious metropolis in Big Hero 6 opened today at Disney California Adventure Park!
San Fransokyo Square features new sights, shopping, and splendid cuisine transporting Disney California Adventure guests into the not-too-distant future.
This area is a fictitious mash-up of two iconic cities – San Francisco and Tokyo where you’ll have the opportunity to meet Hiro Hamada and his huggable healthcare companion robot, Baymax.
Taking center stage in the new neighborhood is San Fransokyo Gate Bridge measuring 54 feet tall. The landmark spans the tide pools linking the seaside plaza to the Paradise Gardens Park obelisk. Once inside the bustling marketplace, you’ll discover an eclectic array of local businesses and eateries. The area comes to life with colorful banners and street art.
Here’s a look at some of the fantastic businesses you’ll find in San Fransokyo Square:
- Hamada Bot Shop – Meet Hiro and Baymax outside the converted warehouse where Big Hero 6 creates their hi-tech gear.
- Bakery Tour — Step behind the scenes at a real bakery to find out how the world-famous Boudin sourdough bread is made.
New Eats and Treats at San Fransokyo Square
Visitors can indulge in a diverse array of food and drink in San Fransokyo Square which includes returning favorites and new offerings inspired by Asian Cuisine and Big Hero 6. San Fransokyo Dining Spaces include:
- Aunt Cass Café – Operated by Hiro’s loving aunt, this quick service spot serves up soups in freshly baked sourdough bread bowls along with other dishes inspired by Japanese cuisine.
- Port of San Fransokyo Cerveceria — This location draws inspiration from English, Japanese, and Spanish cultures. You’ll also find an inviting beer garden that makes a relaxing setting for guests to enjoy light and alcoholic beverages.
- Lucky Fortune Cookery– Choose from a delicious menu of dishes and beverages with Japanese, Vietnamese, and Korean influences.
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill– The place to go for street tacos, specialty beverages, and street corn.
- Rita’s Turbine Blenders — Enjoy margaritas and other icy beverages at this refreshment stand. It gets its name from the repair technician who maintains the koi-fish-themed wind turbine that decorates the skyline of San Fransokyo Square.
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop– The ice cream shop has been given a bit of a San Fransokyo Square makeover but you’ll still find the beloved signature sundaes, ice cream cones, shakes, and more!
- Cappuccino Cart – Located near the San Fransokyo Gate Bridge, the cart offers beverages presented by Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Company. Options include cold brew, espressos, coffee cocktails, and more.
Unique Shopping Experiences
You’ll definitely want to bring a little bit of extra spending money when heading to San Fransokyo Square to pick up some of the unique items you’ll find here. Retail outlets in the area include:
- San Fransokyo Maker’s Market– This shop is made out of robot storage cases and you’ll even find the decommissioned bots on display. The shop is brimming with lots of awesome items including apparel, homewares, and Big Hero 6-themed items.
- Collectible Medallions — Vending machines here dispense collectible golden medallions that depict Baymax and other iconic San Fransokyo images.
- Pan Pacific Pin Traders — A go-to spot for pin collectors can shop and trade at this “pin-credible” port of call near the San Fransokyo Gate Bridge.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog where we’ll be coming to you LIVE! with more San Fransokyo Square news and updates!
Have you heard the news? MickeyTravels just earned the incredible distinction of being a Diamond Earmarked Agency!
Whether it’s a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii, or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait to help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This includes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking, and more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!