NOW OPEN: Mickey’s Toontown Brings Cartoon Magic To Disneyland
The wait is over Disney friends! After a year of being closed to the public, Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland has once again opened its doors! The reimagined land is more magical and vibrant than ever! To celebrate this momentous occasion, we thought we’d give you a rundown of some of the awesome fun waiting for your at Mickey’s Toontown!
The reimagined Mickey’s Toontown is a whimsical neighborhood inspired by Mickey Mouse and friends. Guests are invited to play in their own way with an environment and experiences designed to make you see, hear, feel and interact in magical ways!
Attractions and Entertainment
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Welcome Disneyland’s first ride-through attraction starring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. Runaway Railway is a family-friendly adventure full of surprising twists and turns. You’ll travel through a Mickey Mouse cartoon short where hilarious hijinks abound.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster – Chip ‘n’ Dale fans are sure to go nuts over this one-of-a-kind, pint-sized coaster created by resident Toontown Tinkerer, Gadget Hackwrench.
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin – Relive the zany and wild adventures of Roger Rabbit as a taxi cab whisks you around town!
- Disneyland Railroad – Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad isn’t the only train you’ll find in Toontown. At the Toontown station you can board the steam-powered Disneyland Railroad for a scenic tour around Disneyland theme park.
- Character sightings – Have those cameras at the ready! You may spot and take photos with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and so many more….yes, including Pete!
Interactive Play Areas Kids are Sure to Love
- CenTOONial Park – You’ll encounter this area as soon as you walk through the Toontown gates complete with a feature fountain, water tables and a dreaming tree with sculpted roots for children to explore!
- Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard – Goofy’s how is a treasure trove of awesomeness. Included in this area is a whimsical sound garden that makes funny noises and a new clubhouse where guests can operate and interactive candy-making machine!
- Donald’s Duck Pond – Get out those wiggles and get ready to make a splash. Donald’s Boat is perched among spinning water lilies, balance beans and rocking toys. Curious explorers can even look through the boat’s portholes where you’ll see bubbles of fun inside. (We’ll give you a hint, you might see Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby.)
- Mickey’s House and Minnie’s House – Discover special surprises in every of the cartoon homes of Mickey and Minnie Mouse. AND if you’re lucky enough to find your favorite characters at home, they’ll stop for photos and autographs!
Dining and Shopping
- Café Daisy – Daisy Duck’s sidewalk cafe serves up an eclectic array of goodies including diner classics and plant-based options. This Toontown dining location does offer mobile ordering for those that enjoy the convenience of ordering via the Disneyland app!
- Good Boy! Grocers – Those looking for a quick snack need look no further than Good Boy Grocers. Here you’ll find a variety of grand and go drinks, snacks and novelties. Also be on the lookout for the Perfect Picnic Basket collection which includes three snack-sized items perfect for relaxing in the park!
- EngineEar Souvenirs – You’ll find a selection of merchandise featuring Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and the rest of the gang at this Toontown hobby shop. The location also offers merchandise mobile checkout which enables guests to scan and pay for select items directly from your phones.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Toontown news and updates. We’ll leave you with a quick video from Josh D’Amaro, who was at Mickey’s Toontown for the grand opening!
View this post on Instagram
Have you heard the news? MickeyTravels just earned the incredible distinction of being a Diamond Earmarked Agency!
Whether its a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This includes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking and so much more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!