12 Tips and Tricks for a Magical Visit to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Can you believe it? The first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party of the season kicks off in less than five days on November 8, 2022! To get you ready to attend one of the most holly jolly parties in all of the land, I have put together this list of tips and tricks to make sure your Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is the most magical!
Tips and Tricks for the Littlest Guests at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
1. Florida does get the occasional cold snap every once in a while. That’s why I suggest dressing in layers. When my family and I attend the After Hours Very Merry event last holiday season, the evening started out in the 70s but by the time the party ended, there was definitely a chill in the air! And, since it’s a holiday party, it’s the perfect excuse to wear the tackiest holiday sweater you can find!
2. Make sure to stop at one of the many photographers on Main Street U.S.A. so you and your family and friends can snap some photos in front of Cinderella Castle dressed up in your most festive attire. The earlier you snap these customary photos the better because you never know – you might spill some of that complimentary hot cocoa all down your outfit and ruin the family holiday card!
3. After the photo is out of the way, let the little ones in your group get the wiggles out by joining in on one of the rockin’ dance parties! There’s the chance to break it down with your pals from the North Pole at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, boogie with your favorite Disney Pals at the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland, and bust a move with the stars from Disney Junior in Storybook Circus. Dance parties are offered at different times throughout the night so make sure to check the schedule for all the times to get your groove on.
4. After you and the fam dance your hearts out, there’s some more entertainment to check out! There’s the always-popular “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show” lighting up the night skies, “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration” on the Cinderella Castle stage featuring live performers singing and dancing to the hottest holiday tunes, and make sure to catch “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” when it makes its way through the Magic Kingdom. I always suggest catching the first parade and the earlier stage shows to make sure the little ones in your party aren’t already dreaming of sugar plum fairies!
Tips and Tricks for the Adults
5. If your party is adults-only, I highly suggest catching the later run of “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” to avoid the crowds. It’s also a good idea to see the later showings of “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration” on the Cinderella Castle stage.
6. Embrace your inner child and take all the photos and selfies with your favorite Disney Characters. During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, you never know what characters you might encounter and what they might be wearing! Like the entertainment options, the crowds are lower later in the evening.
7. Start dreaming of a white Christmas and walk in a winter wonderland as “snow” falls down on Main Street U.S.A..
8. Now we get to my favorite subject – SHOPPING! And, trust me when I saw there is no where more magical to shop than in the Magic Kingdom during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! You’ll find everything from classic souvenirs to some holiday-themed favorites. As an added bonus, all Guests attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will receive a complimentary 50th anniversary celebration holiday-themed keepsake!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Tips and Tricks for All
9. I always suggest to arrive to the Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party as early as possible! While the event does not officially kick off until 7 pm, your ticket to the Party gets you into the Magic Kingdom as early as 4 pm.
10. Now to another one of my favorite things about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa! While exploring the Magic Kingdom for the Party, you’ll find jolly Cast Members passing out the complimentary sweet treats. For those that might have an allergy, allergy-friendly options are also available.
11. Another one of my favorite tips and tricks for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is take the time to check out the holiday-themed ride overlays. You’ll be delighted when you see these festive overlays on Magic Kingdom attractions such as Tomorrowland Speedway Race Through the Holidays, Space Mountain – Holiday Run, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Holiday Show, Jingle Cruise, and Mad Tea Party!
12. Say Cheese! In addition to taking customary photo in front of Cinderella Castle when you enter the Magic Kingdom, you’ll want to check out all the Disney PhotoPass extra-magical photo opportunities available exclusively to Guests of the Party! As an added bonus, new for this year, Guests will be able to check out 3D photo stations that take your photo to the next, magical level!
What is your favorite tip or trick for attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? Let us know in the comments below!
Would you like some more tips and tricks to planning the ultimate Disney vacation? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation.
As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney! I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Disney