Walt Disney World Wait Times for Second Week of July 2022
Last week, Walt Disney World wait times crept up, which was something of a surprise.
After all, the rise occurred the week after the July 4th holiday. That unexpected event signified that Disney’s Park Pass strategy was working.
For all our complaints about Disney parks changing too much, it’s hard to argue about high-quality throughput management.
Did that trend continue this week? Let’s examine the Walt Disney World wait times for the second full week of July 2022.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Okay, let’s start with the most popular attraction at Animal Kingdom.
Yes, that’s still Avatar Flight of Passage and probably will be for at least another two years.
Disney hasn’t announced any expansion plans at this park. So, until a new attraction opens, Avatar will remain the unquestioned king of the hill.
For the past week, Flight of Passage averaged a wait of 118 minutes, a massive increase of 24 minutes. Uh-oh.
Was the same true at Na’vi River Journey? Well, that attraction averaged a wait of 68 minutes, a drop of one minute.
Let’s compare everything else:
- Kali River Rapids – 58 minutes, no change
- Adventurers Outpost – 46 minutes, up 2
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – 43 minutes, down 6
- DINOSAUR – 39 minutes, down 1
- Expedition Everest – 36 minutes, down 5
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug! – 12 minutes, down 2
- TriceraTop Spin – 10 minutes, down 2
Overall, guests waited an average of 48 minutes, the same as last time. So, Flight of Passage was just an outlier, at least at Animal Kingdom.
The one point of interest here is that Mickey and Minnie Mouse only recently returned to Adventurers Outpost.
So, we can expect this character spot to remain popular for a while. Later, you’ll notice the same behavior at Town Square Theater.
You may recall that Minnie Mouse just rejoined Mickey there a few days ago.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Okay, given what happened with Avatar Flight of Passage, I was nervous to check Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
My instinct was correct, albeit overly paranoid. Rise of the Resistance required a 120-minute wait, which is about what you should expect for the popular attraction.
That’s an increase of eight minutes from last time.
Here’s everything else at Hollywood Studios:
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 105 minutes, up 15
- Slinky Dog Dash – 89 minutes, down 6
- Toy Story Mania! – 75 minutes, up 2
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – 74 minutes, down 3
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – 68 minutes, up 7
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – 66 minutes, up 4
- Alien Swirling Saucers – 43 minutes, up 3
- Red Carpet Dreams – 40 minutes, down 3
- Meet Sulley at Walt Disney Presents – 38 minutes, down 7
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue! – 25 minutes, down 3
- Celebrity Spotlight – 24 minutes, down 1
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – 15 minutes, down 2
- Muppet*Vision 3D – 10 minutes, change
The average Hollywood Studios attraction averaged a 53-minute wait. That’s an increase of three minutes, which isn’t as bad as the next two parks we’ll discuss.
Still, the park did operate seven attractions that required a wait of at least 66 minutes, which is…a lot.
EPCOT Wait Times
We have a surprise at the top of EPCOT’s charts this week.
You may recall that Test Track rose to the second-longest wait at the park.
This week, it has disrupted the previous battle between Frozen Ever After and Ratatouille.
For the second time in recent memory, neither of those attractions required the longest wait.
Instead, Test Track did with an average line of 77 minutes, up 11 minutes from last time.
Meanwhile, Frozen Ever After rose five minutes to a 75-minute wait. Similarly, Ratatouille averaged 74 minutes, up 10 minutes.
Yes, the crowds increased at EPCOT last week. Here’s what happened with everything else:
- Soarin’ Around the World – 59 minutes, up 10
- Mission: SPACE – 50 minutes, up 6
- Journey into Imagination with Figment – 25 minutes, up 10
- Spaceship Earth – 24 minutes, up 7
- Turtle Talk with Crush – 22 minutes, no change
- Royal Sommerhus – 21 minutes, down 2
- Living with the Land – 20 minutes, up 6
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – 14 minutes, up 4
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – 10 minutes, down 3
EPCOT attractions averaged a wait of 38 minutes, up four minutes from the previous week.
Magic Kingdom Wait Times
How was Magic Kingdom? I’m glad you (well, I) asked!
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 85 minutes, up 2
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 70 minutes, down 4
- Jungle Cruise – 69 minutes, up 6
- Splash Mountain – 68 minutes, up 3
- Town Square Theater – 65 minutes, up 11
- Space Mountain – 60 minutes, up 5
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – 50 minutes, up 6
- Haunted Mansion – 49 minutes, up 6
- Princess Fairytale Hall – 45 minutes, no change
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 44 minutes, up 2
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 43 minutes, up 2
- Astro Orbiter – 41 minutes, up 3
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 40 minutes, no change
- Tomorrowland Speedway – 34 minutes, up 4
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – 33 minutes, up 5
- It’s a Small World – 31 minutes, down 1
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin – 28 minutes, up 5
- The Barnstormer – 25 minutes, up 5
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 20 minutes, up 5
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – 17 minutes, no change
- Mad Tea Party – 16 minutes, up 2
- Prince Charming Carrousel – 14 minutes, up 1
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – 13 minutes, down 2
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – 12 minutes, down 4
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – 5 minutes, no change
- Country Bear Jamboree – 5 minutes, no change
Overall, Magic Kingdom attractions required average wait times of 42 minutes. That’s a six-minute increase from last time.
Obviously, the parks grew a bit more crowded in mid-July!
Be sure to follow MickeyBlog to stay updated on Disney World Wait Times and all Disney news.