Whip Up a ‘Luca’ Inspired Treat With This Awesome Recipe
I curled up with my family yesterday evening to watch Luca on Disney+. All I can say about this Pixar release is WOW! If you have a Luca family movie night in the cards that why not create a dinner to match.
The geniuses at Pixar took to social media over the weekend to inspire us with a delectable pasta recipe. Let’s take a look:
View this post on Instagram
We absolutely love all of the images that go along with this incredible recipe! For those looking to have the recipe close at hand while cooking, we’ll include all of the details below.
Trenette Al Pesto
- 500 grams of Trenette or any other type of past you have at home.
- 100 grams of green beans cut into 1″ pieces.
- 1 yellow potato cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 45 leaves Basil Genovese (the Basil with the round leaves.)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmgiano
- 2 tablespoons of grated Pecorino
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- 100 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- Put the basil and the garlic in a marble mortar with a pinch of coarse salt.
- Start mashing the basil in the pestle
- Slowly add a bit of the oil as you go.
- If you don’t have a pestle and mortar a food processor will do.
- Next and the pine nuts, grated Parmigiano and the grated Pecorino
- As you continue to add the olive oil the consistency should the same as a dense cream.
- If you’re using a food processor be careful not to keep it running for do long otherwise you’ll burn the basil.
- Now it’s time to boil the water for the pasta.
- Once the water for the pasta boils add some coarse salt to the pot.
- Thrown in the pasta.
- Add green beans and the potato.
- Drain the pasta once it is cooked but you want it a bit al dente, not too soft.
- Save a bit of pasta water to add to the sauce.
- Grab your serving bowl and add the pesto to the pasta.
- Add two spoonfuls of the pasta water to the pesto.
- Then add the pasta to the bowl.
- Mix the pasta and pesto together well.
- Serve it up!
A huge thank you to Giulia from Lucas for sharing this awesome recipe with us.
And don’t miss your chance to check out Luca currently streaming FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE on DIsney+.
Get a Jumpstart On Your Travel Plans And Get A FREE Disney Gift Card!
Have you heard the news!? Disney vacation packages are currently available through June 2022! Book your 2022 stay with ME through August of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook