Changes to Virtual Rise of the Resistance Queue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
We previously reported that Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios made some changes to their polarizing virtual queue system shortly upon the theme park’s reopening earlier this month. Guests were able to book a virtual spot in line at three times throughout the day: 10 am, 1 pm, or 4pm. Today, those opportunities have been reduced to two times a day allowing Guests to join the virtual queue at 10 am and 2 pm.
The virtual queue system for Rise of the Resistance is an integral part to keeping Guests and Cast Members safe with social distancing while giving Guests flexibility while they enjoy their day in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Since queues and ride vehicles have to be spaced out as well as frequent sanitation of the attraction, the total capacity of the popular ride has been reduced.
The changes to Rise of the Resistance virtual queue times go into effect beginning tomorrow, Friday, July 24. Guests who have a valid admission and Disney Park Pass Theme Park reservation will be able to go into their My Disney Experience app and join the virtual queue at 10 am or 2 pm.
Here are the official instructions from Disney on how to get into the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m. or 2 p.m.).
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Guests who are enrolled in the virtual queue will be able to see an estimated return time indicating when they may be called back to experience the attraction. This time may change throughout the day, so continue to check the app for updates. Also, the tip boards around the park will display the boarding groups that have been called back.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
As always, Cast Members will be on hand to help with any questions that might arise.
Tell us what you think about the changes to the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue in the comments below!
Let’s start planning your Walt Disney World vacation! Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation with me by December 31, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with a 3-day ticket
Image/Source Credit: Disney