BREAKING NEWS: Virtual Queue Returning For Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Tomorrow is the big day as both Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom welcome guests back to the magic. They are still working on getting everything ready to re-open EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15. We have just learned that when Disney’s Hollywood Studios Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will once again be using virtual queue through the My Disney Experience app…BUT with some changes.
The biggest change is that as availability allows guests will have an opportunity at 10am, 1pm and 4pm to request to join the virtual queue. This means there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue. YAY!
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue
There are a few important details to know before arriving:
- First, make sure to download the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, you’ll need to log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. This is where you’ll be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time.
- As long as a your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for yourselves and the others in your group, you can enroll your entire party in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- You should also make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you’ll be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist. While waiting for a virtual queue group to be called, you can enjoy other experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios including the newest addition, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, and Disney knows many of their guests are familiar with using virtual queue to experience this one-of-a-kind adventure. For other attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, they are still planning to use their regular standby queues to manage capacity and to maintain physical distancing.
Star Wars Virtual Queue Source Credit: shopDisney
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical packages available for 2020 AND 2021! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!