RECIPE: White Chocolate Budino From Disney’s Boardwalk Inn & Villas
Having family around for Sunday dinner? We’ve got the perfect dessert that is not only delicious but conjures up a bit of Disney magic! Visitors to Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s Boardwalk may remember this delicious sweet treat! This recipe comes directly from a NEW cookbook, Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition! Dazzle your guests with this scrumptious dish.
Roasted White Chocolate Budino- DISNEY’ S BOARDWALK INN AND VILLAS
TRATTORIA AL FORNO
Family-friendly Trattoria Al Forno brings Italian favorites to Disney’s BoardWalk Inn and Villas. Sweet budino is creamy like a custard or pudding, and the crunchy amaretto cookie is the perfect accompaniment.
1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
1 cup whole milk, divided
1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 teaspoon light corn syrup
(MAKES 2 1/2 DOZEN COOKIES)
1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond paste
2 large egg whites
3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Color should be medium caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
FOR AMARETTI COOKIES:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough. Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
Top each budino serving with an Amaretti cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry.
So roll up your sleeves and give this delicious recipe a try for yourself! Also, keep following along with MickeyBlog for more delicious Disney goodies!
So what are you waiting for? Make 2020 the year you have the experiences of a lifetime with your gang! Getting started is easy, simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels! Book before January 31, 2020, and I’ll even throw in a FREE Disney Gift Card!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook