The Best Dates To Visit Walt Disney World in 2020
To help you with your forward planning here are some suggestions on the Best/Worst Times to visit Disney World in 2020!
Our Favorite Dates to Visit Disney in 2020
We here at MickeyBlog want to preface this by saying that we firmly believe that you can go to Disney any time of year and have a marvellous vacation. That being said, for those with a flexible schedule here are a couple of our favorite times of year to visit!
- January- The second half of the month
- February – The first two weeks of the month before Valentine’s Day
- April – The second half of the month
- May- The first three weeks of the month
- August- Last two weeks of the month
- September – Anytime after the 7th
- October – The first half of the month
- November – The first two weeks
- December – The first two weeks
The times of year highlighted above are typically known for their lower crowd levels. Guests should note that factors may impact crowds such as the popularity of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the odd cheer competition, conventions etc. As a general rule, if your schedule is flexible, the best times to plan a Disney getaway is when most families are focused on school-Late January/early February, in May right before Summer vacation, late August and the month of September. Late Spring (late April) is also a nice option for those looking to avoid Spring Break crowds. For those looking to enjoy seasonal offerings, guests visiting in late September, early October can attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival. Similarly, the second weekend of November and the first two weeks in December are perfect for those looking to enjoy Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party without the crowds!
What are the Dates in 2020 Where I May Find Heavier Crowds?
Again, any time of year is a great time to visit Disney. For those with work and school commitments, it may be essential to travel during school vacations, public holidays etc. and you can still have a magical time. However, if there’s a bit of wiggle room in your schedule and you’re looking to avoid higher crowd levels here are some times you may want to steer clear of.
- January 8– 12, 2020- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. This is a busy weekend for Walt Disney World as the resort plays host to several running events. This means an influx of runners and spectators. If you’re not a participant or family member than you may want to plan your January visit after this event as crowds are larger and there will be traffic disruptions and closures.
- January 17 – 20, 2020 – Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend – Crowd levels are much higher this week as families look to take advantage of the three day weekend.
- February 13 – 18, 2020- Valentine’s Day/President’s Day Weekend – The combination of Valentine’s Day and President’s Day make these dates popular with families looking for an Early 2020 getaway.
- February 20 – 23, 2020 – Princess Half Marathon – Similar to the Marathon Weekend in early January, this is another highly popular runDisney event that brings in runners and crowds.
- February 23- 29, 2020- Mardi Gras Week – Mardi Gras falls during the last full week of February in 2020. This means lots of Southerners will be taking advantage of the time off from school to plan a Disney getaway. For that reason, you can expect slightly larger-than-average crowds during this period.
- March 10 – 31, 2020- Spring Break- Beginning the second weekend of the March, Spring Break crowds start to arrive in droves making the month of March one of the busiest times of the year.
- April 10 – 13, 2020– Easter falls on April 12 in 2020 making it another popular time of year for families looking to maximize school holidays.
- April 16th – April 19th, 2020 – Star Wars Rival Run Weekend- With the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge we can expect a surge in running enthusiasts signing up for this always popular runDisney offering.
- May 22 – 25, 2020 – Memorial Day Weekend – This is another hugely popular time to visit Walt Disney World. Memorial Day (officially May 25, 2020) marks the start of Summer and the parks can get pretty packed.
- July 1- 6, 2020- Fourth of July Week- The 4th of July falls on Friday in 2020 meaning the Wednesday through the Monday will be very busy.
- September 4-7, 2020- Labor Day Weekend – This September weekend marking the end of Summer can be a popular time for families looking to take advantage of the holiday weekend.
- October 9 – 12, 2020- Columbus Day Weekend- This weekend coincides with the start of Fall Breaks at schools and can mean heavier crowd levels.
- November 5 -9, 2020- Wine and Dine Half Marathon – Though dates for this Autumn runDisney event haven’t been announced for 2020 yet, it typically falls on the first full weekend in November. Similar to other races listed above this can mean larger crowds and disruptions.
- November 22 – 28, 2020. Thanksgiving Week- With Thanksgiving falling on November 26th, the entire week will see a huge influx of holiday crowds
- December 20 – 30, 2020. The lead in to Christmas through New Year’s boasts some of the largest crowds Walt Disney World will see all year. This means parks can near capacity. Having a destination Christmas at Disney World can be a magical experience however, a bit of forward planning goes a long way!
I Can Only Visit During the Summer. What Are Crowds Like?
Summer is typically a very busy time to visit the theme parks. June, July and August tend to be the peak months for families visiting Disney World. Though crowds may be heavier during this time of year, with a bit of forward planning you will have an amazing time. If your schedule is flexible you can beat the crowds a little bit by visiting in Early June or Late August!
Start planning for 2020 now! Fill out our form below and MickeyTravels will reach out with your FREE, no-obligation quote as soon as rates are made available.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook