Artist Point’s Storybook Dining Is Open For Booking
Heigh ho! Heigh Ho! It’s off to Artist Point we go. Since it was announced at the end of August, fans have eagerly been awaiting the arrival of the new Snow White inspired character dinner at Wilderness Lodge. there has been some debate, but mostly excitement regarding the Snow White inspired meal. Today, Disney finally announced that Storybook Dining is now open for booking.
Beginning December 16th, guests will be transported to an enchanted forest where the tale of Snow White will be brought to life. Snow White, Dopey and Grumpy will make their rounds as you nosh to your heart’s content on food fit for a Queen- an Evil Queen that is! That’s right, the Queen herself will also be making an appearance during your dinner.
While new character dining is exciting, especially one with such rare characters, we also need to discuss a very important matter- the food. Afterall, this meal is a signature dining event, therefore, costing more for those paying out of pocket and those on the dining plan (2 table service credits). What could possibly justify the higher cost? After taking a look at the menu, we are 100% willing to shell out a few extra bucks for what Storybook Dining has in store.
The purpose of appetizers is to stimulate your appetite. If these “shared apps” don’t do the trick, I don’t know what will.
- Hunter’s Pie – made with chicken, black truffle and stone fruit preserve
- Winter Squash Bisque – with caramel loli and granola served in a little black cauldron
- Wicked Shrimp Cocktail – with soy, miso, avacado, thai chili, and greens
- From the Garden – an array of vegetables, fruits, cheese and create your own honey butter
After relishing in a table full of shared apps, enjoy an entree of choice that you won’t have to share. The menu has a range of options with something to suite every palate.
- Royal Prime Rib Roast – with horseradish mashed potato, hay-smoked carrots, popover and jus
- Magic Mirror Slow Braised Veal Shank – with mashed celery root, wilted winter greens, and jus
- Seafood Stew – shrimp, bay scallops, mussels, tomato and fennel
Grumpy’s Grub (Kid’s Menu)
As always, Disney has designed a menu that will accommodate even the pickiest of eaters. Children will receive the same appetizer and dessert offerings from the main menu, however their entree options will include:
- Princess Pasta – pasta with your choice of red sauce or cheese sauce
- Vegetarian Steam Bun – shiitake, hoisin, pickles and cilantro
- Royal Prime Rib Roast – served with roasted potatoes and broccolini
- Grilled Chicken – served with roasted potatoes and broccolini
Any meal at Disney is not complete until you’ve had dessert. Just like your appetizers, desserts are shared so you don’t need to worry about which one to choose- you can try them all!
- The Miner’s Treasure – sponge cake, chocolate gems, and buttercream icing
- Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie – with merengue
- “Poison” Apple – white chocolate apple mousse with a sour center
- The Hunter’s Gift to the Queen – crackled maple popcorn and ganache hearts
On top of all the delicious foods, there are a few unique cocktails to help quench your thirst.
- Enchanted Apple – citrus vodka, sour apple and white cranberry juice
- The Smoking Mirror – scotch, wildberry, lime, rosemary smoke
- Evil to the Core – silver tequila, habanero, blackberry and orange juice
And for anyone thirsty for a spirit-free beverage:
- Transformation Potion – sparkling lemonade
- Stone Fruit and Berry Breeze – with herbal tea infusion
Just to recap… a reservation for this dining experience is going to provide each dinner guest with one of each appetizer, an entree of choice, one of each dessert and a choice of beverage. Alcoholic and specialty beverages are an additional cost for those paying out of pocket. Pricing is currently listed as $55 for adults and $33 for children (Ages 3-9) before tax and gratuity. Menu items are subject to change.
With a smile and a song (and a dinner reservation at Artist Point) you will be frolicking off to Happily Ever After.
Have you been dreaming of a Disney Vacation? Then it’s time to start planning! I offer a full range of complimentary planning services (and insider tips) for all Disney destinations including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani and Adventures by Disney. Contact me today at (716) 601-7710, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook. Pack your bags and leave the rest to me!