Disney+ Streaming Service to Launch on November 12, 2019 for $6.99 a Month
During the Walt Disney Company’s Investors Day taking place yesterday (April 11th) exciting new details were revealed about the upcoming launch of the Disney+ streaming service which will officially launch on the U.S. market on November 12, 2019, for $6.99 a month. The service will offer Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, National Geographic and Simpsons (!?) fans a new way to experience content from these brands on connected TV and mobile devices!
Disney+ will enter the market as a streaming juggernaut with a robust library of both theatrical and television content. Plans are to release more than 25 original series, 10 original films, documentaries and specials within the first year.
Let’s check out some of the awesome titles announced for release as part of the Dinsey+ service:
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, a live-action series with Anthony Mackie returning as Falcon and Sebastian Stan reprising his role as Winter Soldier
- WandaVision, a live-action series with Elizabeth Olsen returning as Wanda Maximoff and Paul Bettany reprising his role as The Vision
- Marvel’s What If…?, the first animated series from Marvel Studios and takes inspiration from the comic books of the same name. Each episode will explore a pivotal moment from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and turn it on its head, leading the audience into uncharted territory.
- Loki, the Marvel Studios’ series starring Tom Hiddleston
From Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2, a documentary series showing the hard work and imagination that go into making one of the most highly anticipated Walt Disney Animation Studios features of all time
From Pixar Animation Studios
- Toy Story–based projects Forky Asks a Question, an animated short series, and the short film Lamp Life
From National Geographic
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum, a documentary series where Goldblum pulls back the curtain on a seemingly familiar object to reveal a world of astonishing connections, fascinating science and a whole lot of big ideas
- Magic of the Animal Kingdom, a documentary series which takes viewers behind the scenes with the highly respected animal-care experts, veterinarians and biologists at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Epcot’s SeaBase aquarium
From Disney Television Animation
- The Phineas and Ferb Movie (working title), an animated film featuring many of the original voice cast
- The Mandalorian, the world’s first scripted live-action Star Wars series
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars, an exclusive new season
Other fantastic projects include
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series;
- the untitled Cassian Andor series starring Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk
- Monsters at Work – based on Monsters Inc.
- Diary of a Female President
- Live-action films Lady and the Tramp, Noelle, Togo, Timmy Failure and Stargirl
- Be Our Chef
- Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies
- Earthkeepers (working title)
- An untitled Walt Disney Imagineering documentary series
- Marvel’s 616
- Marvel’s Hero Project
- Rogue Trip
- Shop Class(working title)
A New Home for the Simpsons
That’s right! Disney+ will now be the new home of The SImpsons! For over 30-years, no other franchise on TV has commanded laughs and touches hearts quite like this iconic show! Disney+ is slated to become the official streaming video home for the show with the first 30 seasons available when it launches on November 12!
Yesterday, Disney also unveiled what the dashboard of Disney+ will look like. It will offer a feature-rich experience with easy navigation. There will be dedicated immersive branded tiles and dedicated pages for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. Subscribers will have the ability to create custom profiles, with personalized experiences curated to their unique tastes based on past viewing behaviors and preferred content.
The Disney+ service will be available on a wide range of mobile and connected devices, including gaming consoles, streaming media players and smart TVs. Disney+ will automatically adjust to the best possible high-definition viewing experience based on a subscriber’s available bandwidth, with support for up to 4K HDR video playback. An unprecedented amount of content will also be available to fans for offline viewing.
Following its U.S debut, Disney+ will rapidly expand globally, with plans to be in nearly all major regions of the world within the next two years.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more Disney+ news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy. Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or on Facebook and let’s get planning!