Details Revealed for Upcoming Destination D23 Event in Orlando
In just a few weeks, D23, the official Disney fan club will be holding a Destination D23 Event at Walt Disney World which runs from September 8 – 10, 2023. Today, D23 released the full schedule for the event and we are delighted to pass the details on to you.
It should be noted that the Destination D23 Walt Disney World event is completely sold out. However, MickeyBlog will be there to bring all of the highlights to you! Now let’s take a closer look at the fantastic schedule.
NEW: The Destination D23 schedule is out! The event (sold out) is being held at Walt Disney World Sept. 8-10, 2023. pic.twitter.com/5O2UjCWVuS
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) August 24, 2023
60 Years of Disney Audio-Animatronics Technology Exhibit – Walt Disney Archives and Imagineering are joining creative forces for a Destination D23 exhibit that celebrates the history of Audio-Animatronics technology. This exclusive exhibit will showcase the evolution of animatronics through memorabilia, photography, and more! Join Disney in celebrating key moments from Walt’s earliest inspirations.
Panels and Presentations
Saturday, September 9, 2023
- 9 A.M. – 9:15 A.M.: Destination D23 Welcome
- 9:15 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.: A Celebration of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow — Join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro and special guests for a look into the future of Disney parks, featuring updates from around the world and some fun surprises along the way.
- 10:45 A.M. – 10:55 A.M.: D23 Updates with Michael Vargo – VP- D23
- 10:55 A.M. – 11:15 A.M.: The Early ’Ears – Ub, Oswald, and Mickey — Disney Archives Director Becky Cline takes attendees on a journey back to the roaring ’20s during this retrospective conversation, featuring iconic characters like Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Mickey Mouse, and the Legends behind them, like Ub Iwerks and Walt Disney.
- 11:15 A.M. – 12 P.M.: 100 Years of Classic Characters: Unforgettable Stories — Join voice actor and founder of Her Universe, Ashley Eckstein as she catches up with fellow voice actors Bret Iwan (Mickey Mouse), Kaitlyn Robrock (Minnie Mouse), and Disney Legend Bill Farmer (Pluto, Goofy), for a “table read” of iconic scenes spanning 100 years of Disney history.
- 2 P.M. – 2:35 P.M.: National Geographic Live: Secrets of the Whales — Learn about the science of whale families—and their startlingly human parallels—through the awe-inspiring work of celebrated National Geographic Explorer and photographer Brian Skerry.
- 2:35 P.M. – 3:15 P.M.: Disney Cruise Line: 25 Years of Innovative Design at Sea — Take a closer look at the process of designing and building Disney Cruise Ships from the Disney Imagineers currently working on its newest fleet. Learn about everything that goes into designing these incredible ships and the complexities of ship design.
- 3:30 P.M. – 3:55 P.M.: Marvel’s Avengers: Beyond Earth’s Mightiest – Celebrating 60 Years — Celebrate six epic years of the Avengers! Since 1963, characters have been uniting to fight the foes that no single hero could defeat. Led by Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief C.B Cebulski, you’ll trace the history of the Avengers. Expect some surprising stories and even a teaser or two!
- 3:55 P.M. – 4:20 P.M.: 100 Years of Innovation: Magic in Every Medium — Imagineers Daniel Joseph and Karin Hanson take to the stage to look back at a century of innovative storytelling.
- 4:20 P.M. – 5 P.M.: EPCOT: Always in a State of Becoming — Take a closer look at EPCOT’s incredible transformation, its new neighborhoods, attractions and experiences. Delve into the legacy of the park and discover more about this ambitious reimagining.
Sunday, September 10, 2023
- 9 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.: Walt Disney Studios Showcase — Find out what’s in the pipeline at Walt Disney Studios!
- 10:45 A.M. – 11:15 A.M.: 100 Years of Walt Disney Animation Studios — Becky Bresee and Wayne Unten the heads of animation talk about the upcoming studios release Wish. Legendary animator Mark Hennto also joins to discuss favorite filmmaking memories.
- 11:15 A.M. – 11:25 A.M.: Disney Global Ambassador Showdown — Ambassadors from Disney Parks around the globe tell us about their home resorts and have a friendly competition to see which resort is the best.
- 11:25 A.M. – 12 P.M.: Weird Disney: Centennial Edition — Director of Walt Disney Archives, Becky Cline covers 100 years of “Weird Disney” moments.
- 2 P.M. – 2:45 P.M.: The Road to 1923: Walt Goes West — Becky Cline and Disney Legend Don Hahn discuss Walt and Roy’s journey to California, the establishment of the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio and the start of The Walt Disney Company.
- 2:45 P.M. – 3:15 P.M.: Down the Rabbit Hole: The Disney You Didn’t Know — Archivists Kevin Kern and Steven Vagnini talk about astonishing Disney discoveries, connections, and little-know facts that will change everything!
- 3:15 P.M. – 3:45 P.M.: 100 Years of Creativity: A Playful Look at Disney Imagination — Imagineers Diego Parras and Jason Grandt lead a discussion at some of the more interesting and lighthearted moments of Disney creativity from the last 100 years.
- 3:45 P.M. – 4 P.M.: See Ya Real Soon: A FAN-Tastic Finale
- 7 P.M. – 9 P.M.: DISNEY+ HALLOWSTREAM COSTUME BASH — The event ends with a Hallowstream bash with sponsored by Disney+ (home of your favorite Halloween stories.) Guests can enjoy phantomized photo-ops, chilling treats, and more spellbinding surprises.
Can’t make it to the Destination D23 sold out event? We’ve got exciting news! Disney will be having a live stream of the event along with a very special announcement on September 9, 2023. The live stream will be available on YouTube or Facebook pages (@DisneyD23) or visit D23.com/DestinationD23.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with \ for further Disney-related news and updates. We’ll be coming to you LIVE! from Destination D23 in September
Have you heard the news? MickeyTravels just earned the incredible distinction of being a Diamond Earmarked Agency!
Whether it’s a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii, or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait to help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This includes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking, and more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!