‘The Little Mermaid’ Arrives on Digital Platforms Today!
Disney’s live-action remake of The Little Mermaid is finally swimming onto digital platforms today, July 25. This means you can now go under the sea with Ariel from the comfort of your own home.
The new twist on the animated classic was directed by Rob Marshall. The film starred Halle Bailey, Jonah Hauer-King, and Melissa McCarthy.
Appealing to fans old and new, The Little Mermaid wowed audiences in theaters earlier this year. Now, you can own the live-action remake yourself! The film is currently available on Amazon, Vudu, Apple, and Google.
What About Disney+
Interestingly, Disney has yet to announce when The Little Mermaid will land on Disney+. By releasing the film on digital before it is available on streaming, Disney seems to be following the release strategy of recent films, including Avatar: The Way of Water, Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.
In addition to the film itself, digital, Blu-Ray, and DVD (available on September 19) will include song breakdowns, bloopers, exclusive featurettes, and even a sing-along version of the film. Here is a look at the bonus features.
- Sing Along Version – Sing along with your favorite songs while watching the movie with on-screen lyrics.
- Hotter Under The Water – Discover how director Rob Marshall and his team brought the story of The Little Mermaid to life with this documentary in five chapters:
- A Tale Of The Bottomless Blue – Join Rob Marshall on the set of one of the most ambitious and challenging films he’s ever directed.
- I Know Something’s Starting Right Now – Join cast members Halle Bailey, Melissa McCarthy, Jonah Hauer-King and more. Learn how they were cast in the film and what it was like to bring director Rob Marshall’s vision to life.
- Down Where It’s Wetter – Dip your toes into the virtual ocean and learn about how the breathtaking underwater world was created with visual effects, imagination and a lot of talented artists.
- Explore That Shore Up Above – From Prince Eric’s castle to the beach, explore the above-the-sea locations and the elaborate production design behind them.
- Do What The Music Say – Discover how legendary composer Alan Menken teamed up with Lin- Manuel Miranda to write new songs to accompany the original classics
Viewers will also be able to catch breakdowns of the following songs:
- “Wild Unchartered Waters” – Prince Eric, played by Jonah Hauer-King, gets his own song, written by Alan Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Go behind the song, from the writing to the recording, to the filming on a practical ship.
- “Under the Sea” – Get a first-hand look at how professional dancers helped bring director Rob Marshall’s vision to life. As they stood in for the various animated sea creatures that sing and dance in this showstopping number.
- “Kiss The Girl” – Float along and get a frog’s-eye view of the beautiful set built to film the live-action version of this classic song.
- “Poor Unfortunate Souls” – Join Melissa McCarthy (Ursula) as she takes us on the journey of making her character’s signature song.
Featurettes will include the following:
- The Scuttlebutt On Sidekicks – Dive in and meet Sebastian, Flounder and Scuttle, who not only have their own song, “The Scuttlebutt,” but also fresh looks as they work hard to make sure Ariel and Eric kiss before Ursula’s deadline.
- Passing The Dinglehopper – Ariel met Ariel when Halle Bailey worked with Jodi Benson — the voice of Ariel in the original animated movie — who appears in a clever cameo in the live-action film.
- Bloopers – Laugh along with the cast as they have the time of their lives making The Little Mermaid.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Diamond level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon! Also, thanks for reading!