Try this Festive Churro Marshmallow Wand Recipe from Disneyland Resort!
Disney fans know that churros and marshmallow treats are two coveted items at the Parks, but how would they taste combined? Try this festive Churro Marshmallow Wand recipe from Disneyland Resort, and see what you think!
With so many wonderful goodies at the Parks, it’s hard to narrow them down on one trip. A charming shop in the Downtown Disney District merges two iconic flavors together to make one epic treat!
This old-fashioned candy shop gets its name from a town in Missouri, where Walt Disney grew up. Guests love gathering around the giant picture window to watch Cast Members create Disney-themed treats.
Candy apples, chocolate-dipped pretzels, giant toffee slabs, and more or sold at the location. Most of the items are freshly baked, spun, or dipped on-site every day for visitors to enjoy!
Festive Churro Marshmallow Wand
Marshmallow treats happen to be my favorite at Disneyland Resort, and this one looks delicious! To make the delightful offering, a Mickey-shaped marshmallow first gets dipped in rich white chocolate.
Afterward, it’s rolled in graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon sugar! Not only is this chewy masterpiece fun to eat, but it’s also a blast to create!
I’ve always wanted to make my own homemade marshmallows. What a great gift to hand out to friends and family for Christmas!
Marceline’s Confectionary is spreading some Disney magic this holiday season by sharing its recipe with fans. Although it may take some patience to wait for the marshmallows to set, the dessert’s pillowy texture makes it well worth the time!
Disney Parks Blog recently gave step-by-step instructions on how to create the wand and invites Guests to post photos of their creations via #DisneyEats.
Let’s take a look at the details of this delicious concoction!
CHURRO MARSHMALLOW WANDS
Marceline’s Confectionary, Downtown Disney District
- 3/4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
CHURRO MARSHMALLOW WANDS
- 8 large lollipop sticks
- 8 Mickey-shaped marshmallows
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 pound white melting chocolate
FOR MICKEY-SHAPED MARSHMALLOWS:
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray
- Mix gelatin with 1/2 cup of water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir remaining 1/2 cup of water, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes, until mixture reaches 240°F. Remove from heat and allow mixture to rest for 1 minute, until it reaches 230°F.
- Pour sugar mixture into gelatin and water.
- Whip on medium speed 2 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken. Add salt. Continue to whip 8-10 minutes, until mixture doubles in size.
- Spray a spatula with non-stick cooking spray. Pour marshmallow mixture into 9×13 inch pan. Smooth using spatula. Marshmallow mixture will be very sticky.
- Let marshmallows rest for 4 hours, until set.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and powdered sugar.
- Once marshmallows are set, spread half of the cornstarch mixture on a large cutting board. Carefully flip marshmallows onto cutting board and cut into 8 Mickey-shaped marshmallows, using a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter. Dip marshmallows in remaining cornstarch mixture and store in an airtight container.
FOR CHURRO MARSHMALLOW WANDS:
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick in 1 inch of water. Skewer Mickey-shaped marshmallows onto each stick, starting at the wet end of the stick.
- Mix cinnamon, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs in shallow bowl or pie plate. Set aside.
- Melt white melting chocolate according to package instructions. Keep warm.
- Dip Mickey-shaped marshmallows into melted white chocolate, gently tapping to remove excess white chocolate. Sprinkle cinnamon, sugar, and graham cracker mixture over all sides of the marshmallows; place on clean parchment paper. Repeat for all wands.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, until white chocolate is set.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
For a copy of this recipe, click the link for a printable version. If you’re home for the holidays, try this festive Churro Marshmallow Wand recipe from Disneyland Resort; it’s sure to be a hit!