Walt Disney World Wait Times for Second Week of June 2022
Okay, pretty much everyone in North America is on summer vacation now.
How does the dramatic influx of families impact the wait times at Walt Disney World? Read on to find out…
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
As usual, Avatar Flight of Passage heads the list at Animal Kingdom.
The anchor attraction at Pandora – The World of Avatar averaged a wait of 120 minutes, the same as last week. So, that’s good.
The other Pandora ride, Na’vi River Journey, slightly increased from last time. Its average wait of 82 minutes represents a bump of seven minutes.
Here are the other Animal Kingdom attractions:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – 70 minutes, up 10
- Kali River Rapids – 53 minutes, up 8
- Expedition Everest – 40 minutes, no change
- DINOSAUR – 38 minutes, up 4
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug! – 16 minutes, up 4
- TriceraTop Spin – 15 minutes, up 1
Overall, guests waited an average of 54 minutes for Animal Kingdom attractions, an increase of four minutes from last time.
So yes, we’ve got some wait time creep this week at this park. Will the trend continue at Disney World’s other three gates?
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
I’ll go ahead and guess yes for Hollywood Studios.
I say this because Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance required a wait of 135 minutes, a substantial increase of 23 minutes.
We’ll have ripple effects from this behavior throughout the park. Here’s the data:
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – 112 minutes, up 2
- Slinky Dog Dash – 95 minutes, up 3
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 93 minutes, up 3
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – 70 minutes, no change
- Toy Story Mania! – 65 minutes, down 3
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – 64 minutes, down 3
- Alien Swirling Saucers – 58 minutes, up 3
- Red Carpet Dreams – 53 minutes, up 3
- Meet Sulley at Walt Disney Presents… — 45 minutes, up 3
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue! – 30 minutes, up 2
- Celebrity Spotlight – 29 minutes, down 1
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – 18 minutes, down 4
- Muppet*Vision 3D – 10 minutes, no change
Overall, guests waited for an average of 57 minutes for Hollywood Studios, up three minutes from last time.
Again, we’re not witnessing a massive spike, just a gradual one.
Still, Hollywood Studios had seven attractions with 60+ minute waits and a seventh at 58 minutes.
You should expect to spend plenty of time in line here. Also, I cannot stress this enough. Hollywood Studios is the one park where you MUST buy Disney Genie+.
Usually, EPCOT counts as the calmest park at Walt Disney World. However, the recent opening of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind has changed that.
During the past week, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure required the longest wait, replacing Frozen Ever After.
The two attractions have flip-flopped for most of 2022. This time, Ratatouille averaged a wait of 85 minutes, down two minutes from last time.
Meanwhile, Frozen Ever After fell ten minutes to 83 minutes. That’s a noticeable drop and something of a surprise.
Here are the other wait times at EPCOT:
- Test Track – 72 minutes, up 4
- Soarin’ Around the World – 55 minutes, down 4
- Mission: SPACE – 44 minutes, no change
- Royal Sommerhus – 31 minutes, up 2
- Spaceship Earth – 25 minutes, down 5
- Living with the Land – 20 minutes, down 6
- Journey into Imagination with Figment – 19 minutes, down 8
- Turtle Talk with Crush – 16 minutes, up 1
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – 15 minutes, down 8
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – 13 minutes, down 7
Overall, EPCOT attractions came with a 38-minute wait, which is DOWN four minutes from last time.
Apparently, Cosmic Rewind won’t have the same wait time impact as Avatar Flight of Passage or Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
So, how were the crowds at Magic Kingdom? Let’s take a look:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 85 minutes, up 2
- Jungle Cruise – 77 minutes, down 18
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 75 minutes, down 8
- Splash Mountain – 63 minutes, down 5
- Space Mountain – 60 minutes, up 1
- Haunted Mansion – 55 minutes, down 2
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 48 minutes, down 3
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – 47 minutes, up 4
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 46 minutes, up 1
- Princess Fairytale Hall – 45 minutes, up 1
- Town Square Theater – 43 minutes, up 3
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 42 minutes, no change
- Astro Orbiter – 41 minutes, up 3
- It’s a Small World – 35 minutes, down 2
- Tomorrowland Speedway – 31 minutes, up 1
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – 30 minutes, down 2
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin – 25 minutes, down 2
- The Barnstormer – 23 minutes, down 2
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 21 minutes, down 5
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – 19 minutes, up 3
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – 18 minutes, down 2
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – 17 minutes, up 2
- Mad Tea Party – 16 minutes, down 8
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – 14 minutes, down 5
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – 5 minutes, no change
- Country Bear Jamboree – 5 minutes, no change
Magic Kingdom guests waited an average of 35 minutes, down seven minutes from last time.
Overall, I think it’s fair to say that summer vacation hasn’t dramatically impacted park attendance thus far.
Wait times are mostly the same as last time.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Platinum level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon!
Feature Photo: Disney