Celebrate the Return of Disneyland Forever With These Awesome Fun Facts
Today is the day Disneyland friends! Disneyland Forever returns tonight to light up the night sky over Sleeping Beauty Castle! We thought what better way to celebrate the return than to highlight a couple of things that make this evening spectacular so magical!
Originally Created For Disneyland’s 60th Anniversary
Disneyland Forever debuted in 2015 for Disneyland Resort’s 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration. This street-to-sky celebration features all of the awesome parts that dazzled Disneyland guests back in 2015 including sparkling pyrotechnics, immersive projections and surprising special effects.
A Different Experience Depending on Where You Are in the Parks
Did you know that audiences gathered on Main Street U.S.A, in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, at “it’s a small world” or near Rivers of America will each get a different Disneyland Forever experience? Each of these locations features a different, exciting and immersive experience with colors, projections and pyrotechnics! This multidimensional aspect means that you can see Disneyland Forever more than once and still get a different experience.
Many of Your Favorite Disney Friends Are Featured
Disneyland Forever features seven multi-faceted sequences featuring your favorite Disney friends. Let’s take a quick look at each:
- We kick things off with some inspiration from Walt Disney himself followed by Peter Pan and Tinker Bell who awaken the park with a bit of Pixie Dust.
- Next we take flight to the worlds of Mary Poppins and Rapunzel. Watch as their magical worlds come to life before your very eyes!
- Enter the enchanted world of Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie The Pooh before plunging headlong into Pooh’s kaleidoscopic dream of Heffalumps and Woozles.
- Next we enter Simba’s colorful world from The Lion King inspired by the colors of the pride lands before elephants and monkeys lead us through a Jungle Book montage.
- Then its time to head Under the Sea where you’re joined by Ariel, Sebastian and a whole host of other frolicking fish and singing crustaceans before we follow the bubbles and find Nemo!
- The water fades and the snow falls as Queen Elsa’s Frozen touch takes over recreating her frozen ice palace!
- We’ve come full circle and finish just like we started with Tinker Bell who enchants the starlight, igniting the power of imagination just in time for the grand finale.
A Beautiful Song From a Disney Legend
Did you know that the song “A Kiss Goodnight” was actually written by Richard M. Sherman one half of Disney’s famous Sherman Brothers! The title references Walt Disney’s belief that the fireworks at the end of a Disneyland day should provide guests with “a little kiss goodnight.” Richard Sherman along with his brother Robert composed many of the classic toons Disney is synonymous with today including “It’s a Small World” , Enchanted Tiki Room –Chim Chim Cher-ee” and the scores for Winnie the Pooh films and “The Jungle Book. ”
What Do Disneyland Forever and the Beatles Have in Common?
The score of Disneyland Forever was actually recorded by an orchestra in London, England. The track was recorded in the legendary Abbey Road Studios made famous by the Beatles!
Special Effects Galore
To bring this special nighttime extravaganza to life many different types of special effects are used including fog, lasers, computerized laser-mapping, inflatables and spotlights.
Projectors, Projectors and More Projectors
Seventeen projectors are used on Main Street U.S.A. to help immerse guests in the imaginative surroundings. Over 26 projectors are used parkwide!
If all of that sounds pretty amazing than wait until you see the actual Disneyland Forever fireworks display now happening weekends at Disneyland theme park! Readers are encouraged to check the Disneyland App for information on showtimes!
Keep following along with MickeyBlog for more Disneyland news and updates!
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!