Everything We Know (So Far) About Very Merriest After Hours
If you’ve been following along with us here at MickeyBlog, you’ll know that Disney World recently released a big update regarding this year’s Christmas Party! I’ve had a lot of questions about the details so I thought I’d give you a rundown of what we know so far.
Let’s dive in:
What’s This Year’s Christmas Party Called?
Similar to what we’ve seen with this year’s Disney After Hours Boo Bash, this year’s Christmas Party has been renamed to “Disney Very Merriest After Hours.”
What are the Dates and Pricing?
As you know, Disney Very Merriest After Hours is a special ticketed event that will take place from 9pm – 1 am on select dates at the Magic Kingdom. Prices vary depending on how close we are to Christmas and whether its a weekday or weekend. Here’s a breakdown:
- Monday, November 8- $189 (plus tax)
- Tuesday, November 9 – $169
- Thursday, November 11– $169
- Friday, November 12 – $189
- Sunday, November 14 – $189
- Tuesday, November 16 – $169
- Thursday, November 18 – $169
- Friday, November 19- $189
- Sunday, November 21 – $229
- Tuesday, November 23- $229
- Sunday, November 28, $209
- Tuesday, November 30 – $209
- Thursday, December 2 – $209
- Friday, December 3 – $229
- Sunday, December 5 – $209
- Tuesday, December 7 – $209
- Thursday, December 9 – $209
- Friday, December 10 – $229
- Sunday December 12- $209
- Tuesday, December 14 – $209
- Thursday, December 16 – $209
- Friday, December 17 – $229
- Sunday, December 19 – $249
- Tuesday, December 21 – $249
Discounts are also available for Annual Passholders and DVC Members.
When Can I Book Tickets?
Booking opens up in just a few short days! There are two separate booking windows. One is for those staying onsite at a Walt Disney World Resort. The other is for general booking. Let’s take a look:
- WDW Resort Guests (including Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin and Shades of Green): Tuesday, August 17, 2021
- General Booking (all guests): August 20, 2021.
How Do I Book Tickets?
On the date of your booking window tickets can be purchased at disneyworld.com, via the My Disney Experience app or by reaching out to your Travel Agent. Historically booking has opened up as early as 7am on your on sale date.
Do I Need Magic Kingdom Tickets or a Park Pass?
Your ticket to Disney Very Merriest After Hours serves as your admission to the Magic Kingdom. Though the official party time is listed as 9pm, party guests with a valid ticket can visit the parks as early as 7pm. If you are only visiting in the evening for the party no park pass or separate admission is required.
However, for those that plan on visiting Magic Kingdom earlier in the day (before 7pm) you will need both a ticket and a park pass.
How Do I Get My Tickets?
Historically, guests have a few options to choose from when it comes to getting tickets for the Halloween and Christmas parties. You may opt to have the tickets mailed to you, you can link them to your My Disney Experience account via confirmation number and just use your smartphone or MagicBand or you can pick them up at the Will Call window on the day of the party.
Should I Get Tickets Now? Will They Sell Out?
If you think that you want to incorporate Very Merriest into your Disney World plans it is always advisable that you book your tickets early. Dates (especially those near Christmas) have been known to sell out fast. The earlier you book the better?
Will Disney Sell Day-Of Tickets?
Sometimes Disney has been known to sell tickets for the parties if they aren’t completely sold out. However, I wouldn’t count on it. It’s u unlikely and there’s no guarantee tickets will be available.
Are Tickets Refundable?
No. Similar to year’s past, all party tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable. They also cannot be resold. Tickets are limited and are valid only during the specific day listed on your ticket.
I Heard Parades are Coming Back. Is This True?
Yes! That was one of the highlights of yesterday’s Very Merriest announcement. We are so pleased to confirm that Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade will be making a much anticipated return. As in year’s past, the jolly procession will begin with Mickey and Minnie and end with an appearance from Santa Claus.
Will There Be Special Holiday Fireworks?
Boy, will there ever! In addition to the parades, this is another area that has guests pretty excited! Your Very Merriest party ticket will enable you to see Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show. This festive holiday fireworks display will be emceed by Minnie Mouse and features bold Christmas colors, castle projections and a soundtrack brimming with Christmas classics.
But let’s not forget that this year’s Christmas parties will also take place the same time as Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration. Arrive prior to the official party start time and you’ll get the rare opportunity to check out the Disney Enchantment fireworks display as well as the “Beacon of Magic” castle lighting ceremony.
That means two different fireworks displays on the same night – we can barely contain our excitement!
Are Character Meet and Greets Coming Back?
Not in they way that they were offered before COVID. Instead Your favorite Disney characters will be making the rounds in surprising and socially distanced ways. According to Disney, guests will see beloved Disney Characters spreading holiday cheer but from slightly more afar than usual. However, it will still make for some great photo ops so be on the lookout for Country Bears, Jiminy Cricket, Winnie the Pooh and more.
What Other Activities are Included With My Party Ticket?
There are a whole host of other fun perks worth mentioning. These are as follows:
- Club Tinsel Dance Party: Club Tinsel in Tomorrowland becomes the coolest place to get down when denizens of the North Pole drop by for the cheeriest dance party in the whole Magic Kingdom park!
- Reindeer Wranglers – This musical group will be performing seasonal songs in Disney’s Frontierland.
- Seasonal Food & Drink – Included in the price of your ticket are select ice cream novelties, popcorn and select beverages. In addition, most of Magic Kingdom’s eateries will be serving up exclusive Christmas goodies available for an additional cost.
- Seasonal Décor – You will be absolutely blown away by the wonderful winter transformation you’ll find at Magic Kingdom. The park is shining, shimmering, splendid this time of year and did we mention they make it snow on Main Street?
- No Lines for Your Favorite Disney Attractions – With the attendance caps on party nights, you can enjoy many of your favorite rides and attractions without having to wait in long lines. This includes favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.
Will Holiday Attraction Overlays Be Back?
Yes, Disney World has said that we are getting at least two holiday overlays in Jungle Cruise and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Others may be announced at a later time. We’ll be sure to keep you posted.
Will PhotoPass be Available for Very Merriest?
Absolutely. PhotoPass will be on hand to capture all of those magical memories and will even feature photos with holiday theming, festive Magic Shots and more. So, consider taking out a Memory Maker package for your getaway.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Walt Disney World news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook