Walt Disney World Reduces Social Distancing in Queues to Three Feet
With each day that passes, it seems that we are step closer to “normal.” Disney has taken a big step in the return to “normalcy” as they have just announced that social distancing in queues for attractions has been reduced from six feet to three feet.
While social distancing in queues has changed from six feet to three feet, six feet social distancing will still be in effect in all restaurants, merchandise shops, areas where Guests can go mask-less including Relaxation Stations and photo op spots.
Here is the official update on the change to three feet social distancing on the Walt Disney World “Know Before You Go” website:
Temporary adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing. While we will reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach, six-feet distancing measures will continue in all dining locations, merchandise stores and in areas where Guests can temporarily remove their masks.
Physical distancing measures may include:
- Signage and Ground Markings: Please follow directional signage and ground markings, which have been installed throughout Walt Disney World Resort to help Guests better navigate common areas while practicing physical distancing.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places to help promote proper separation between people, including in queues and on transportation and attractions. Barriers may also be visible, for example, in areas around cash registers or at Guest Relations.
- Party Size: Guests traveling in parties of more than 10 are asked to split into smaller groups in queues, dining locations and other areas around our parks and resorts to better allow for physical distancing.
- Parking: Cashless payment is recommended at the auto plazas.
- Training: Cast Members are trained to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
Just last week, Universal Orlando changed their social distancing guidelines from six fee to three feet as well.
With the change in the social distancing guidelines, many believe that Walt Disney World will also be increasing their park capacity. Nothing has been confirmed as of yet but we may have an update on that tomorrow with The Walt Disney Company’s Quarterly Earnings Call.
And, if Walt Disney World increase capacity, that will hopefully mean the return of FastPasses or something similar in the near future.
Let us know in the comments below what you think about Walt Disney World reducing their social distancing guidelines from six feet to three feet!
Let’s start planning your Walt Disney World vacation! Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. EVERY vacation package* booked EXCLUSIVELY with me by May 15, 2021 will receive a Disney Gift Card as a thank you with your final travel documents. In addition, one lucky client will receive a FREE MemoryMaker ($169 value). As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney!. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with 3-day tickets
Image/Source Credit: Disney