RECIPE: Mickey’s Chocolate Dipped Valentine’s Day Cookies
It’s February 10th Disney friends and you know what that means! Only four days until Valentine’s Day. For those still looking for awesome ways to surprise your sweetheart, we’ve got just the thing! Disney Family has a Valentine’s Day cookie recipe that is most definitely after our own hearts!
This sweet treat celebrates our favorite Disney duo Mickey & Minnie with adorable details that add a bit of Disney magic! So let’s pull out those mixing bowls and baking sheets and get cooking!
Mickey’s Chocolate-Dipped Valentine Cookies
- PREP- 30 Min
- COOK- 10 Min
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Batch of sugar cookie dough (homemade or store-bought) *
- Red food coloring
- Disposable food preparation gloves (for kneading food coloring into the dough)
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Heart cookie cutter (about 2.5 inches wide)
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- Dark cocoa candy melts
- Small microwavable mixing bowl
- White licorice candies – two for each cookie
If you decided to just by your cookie dough at the store (we feel you) you may find that the dough is too soft to hold the heart shapes while you bake. However we have a helpful trick! Simply knead in some extra flour to stiffen the dough before rolling it out!
- Knead red food coloring into the cookie dough. Then flatten the dough into a disk and wrap it tightly in plastic. Chill the dough until firm.
- Heat the oven. Working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the chilled dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut heart shapes from the dough. Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and then let them cool completely.
- Melt a cup or so of the candy melts in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Dip the top of each heart in the melted chocolate (if needed, gently scrape the back of the cookie against the rim of the bowl to remove any excess coating). Place the dipped cookies on a wax paper-lined tray.
- For the finishing touch, use dabs of the leftover melted candy (applied with the tip of a toothpick) to attach a pair of white licorice candy “buttons” to the lower portion of each heart.
For those wanting to print out the recipe and have it handy you can do so here- Mickey’s Chocolate-Dipped Valentine Cookies _ Disney Family
Thinking about a Disney Getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com follow along on Facebook