The Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts Officially Kicked Off at EPCOT
The Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts officially kicked off yesterday and we got to witness first hand all of the fun! The creative, culinary masterpiece at this festival provides delicious food and drinks. It runs from January 8th through February 22, 2021.
More than 15 Food Studios scattered throughout the park that offers imaginative, art-inspired food and drinks featuring clever culinary creations cooked up by Disney chefs.
- NEW! Vibrante & Vívido Food Studio – located between Morocco and France in World Showcase – features a Chilled Seafood Cocktail, Blue Corn Pupusa and Passion Fruit Mousse, along with a Coconut and Passion Fruit Smoothie and more.
- The Artist’s Table at The American Adventure offers a menu that includes Beef Wellington, a Sipping Chocolate Flight and guest-favorite Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie.
- The Painter’s Palate in World Showplace features Prime Steak Tartare, Pistachio Cake and a selection of cocktails.
- Festival Favorites – also in World Showplace – offers Remy’s Ratatouille, a Lemon Blood-Orange Tart, the Neapolitan Beer Flight and more.
There are also more than 100 artists that will be visiting the park during the festival. Bringing with them a wide variety of styles of artwork. Festival Markets are set up where you can explore and purchase new pieces and even meet the artists! (while adhering to physical-distancing protocols).
- Disney-inspired art is available throughout Festival Markets, ranging in styles from classic to whimsical to edgy. Non-Disney art is available, as well.
- Visiting artists create new pieces live during the festival, providing insight into their processes and personalizing pieces for guests.
- Artists and Festival Markets will rotate throughout the festival, so you’ll likely find something new each time you visit.
- Event-specific merchandise is available throughout the park, including shirts, caps, face coverings, trading pins, MagicBands, homeware and more.
This year’s festival also offers a multi-disciplinary showcase of performances, including music and visual arts.
- NEW! Voices of Liberty take the America Gardens Theatre stage with a brand-new showcase – the Disney Songbook. Featuring classic Disney tunes, this lively performance celebrates the artistry of Disney composers.
- Performance artists rotate throughout the festival in World Showplace, including thrilling feats of strength from Art Defying Gravity, a pianist playing favorite Disney songs, and a high-energy onstage performance by a guest artist who paints Disney characters in only a matter of minutes.
- You can also take in the festive atmosphere created by the popular JAMMitors, performing live on the Mill Stage in the Canada pavilion.
Guests will also be able to create their own ways to express their artistic talents and style.
- The Animation Academy at America Gardens Theatre features a Disney artist providing guests a step-by-step lesson in drawing Disney characters.
- Expression Section: A Paint-by-Number Mural invites you to help complete a larger-than-life piece of art created for the festival by Disney Imagineers.
- Around World Showcase, you can step into famous artwork in special photo-opportunity installations.
- On the bridge from Future World to World Showcase, you’ll discover the work of imaginative chalk artists. You can also find chalk drawings of Disney characters tucked away in corners throughout World Showcase.
- With Spin Art, you create your own art by choosing favorite colors and then “spinning” them to life via a specially made stationary bicycle.
- Through Enemy Ink, express your own special fashion sense by choosing a color, design and style and then watch as a custom t-shirt is printed right before your eyes.
In Figment’s Brush with the Masters, you help Figment learn more about art in a family-friendly scavenger hunt around World Showcase. After purchasing a map and stickers, look for Figment hiding inside famous works of art at each pavilion. Once you complete the journey, return the map to the park’s Disney Traders for an artful surprise.
As a reminder, Walt Disney World continues to operate with enhanced health and safety policies so everyone can enjoy the magic responsibly. Please visit Disneyworld.com/Updates for more information.
Visit ArtfulEPCOT.com for more information on the festival.
Thinking about a Disney getaway? 2021 packages are available for booking with great promotions available! Contact me today at MickeyTravels for your FREE, no obligation quote for a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures By Disney vacation! My magical planning services are included at no extra cost. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.