Bake Up The Gingerbread Cookie Recipe from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Looking for a great baking idea? Then, I have just the thing! This is the official Gingerbread Cookie recipe from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa!
Since the iconic Gingerbread House is not up at the Resort this holiday season, this is a great way to experience the magic of the gingerbread smell and taste of those mouth watering cookies right in your home!
The Gingerbread Cookie Recipe from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa yields 3 dozen cookies.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground star anise
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup colored decorating sugar
- Combine butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, coriander, anise, baking powder, ground fennel, ground ginger, cloves, salt, and mace into a separate bowl.
- With mixer on low, slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture until dough hold together.
- Remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, 2 to 4 hours
- Preheat over to 350F and grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and set aside at room temperature for about 10 minutes, until pliable. Divide dough in half; return one half to refrigerator. Place the other half on a floured work surface. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness, flouring the work surface and rolling pin as needed.
- Cut out cookies with cookie cutters (dip cutters in flour for neat edges). Transfer to baking sheets, 1 inch apart.
- Lightly brush cookies with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake until firm and edges begin to darken. 10 to 14 minutes. Allow cookies to slightly cool on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire racks to completely cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
I hope you and your family enjoy making this Gingerbread Cookie recipe from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and wish you all a festive, and healthy holiday season!
Let’s start planning your Walt Disney World vacation! There are some SPECTACULAR discounts available for the remainder of 2020 at Walt Disney World and into 2021. Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. EVERY vacation package* booked exclusively with me by a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus, will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation package* with me by December 31, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with 3-day tickets