Experience Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run With This Ride & Learn Video
If you’ve been following along with MickeyBlog you’ve no doubt seen some of the awesome sights and sounds of Galaxy’s Edge that we’ve been sharing with you over the past few months. We’ve tried the Ronto Wrap, built our own droid, even had a sample of blue milk but nothing quite tops that feeling of walking into the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon for the first time!
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run first opened at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge last Fall. Since then guests have seen their favorite dreams from a galaxy far, far away come true as you walk through the iconic curved hallways of the ship and then strap in to take control of the ship!
If you’ve yet to experience this amazing, immersive attraction then we’ve got a special Thanksgiving treat for you. As part of Disney’s incredible Ride & Learn series, you’ll have unique experience of taking a virtual trip through the galaxy and discover some awesome facts about the attraction along the way! Check out the video below!
Pretty amazing right!? For those wanting to know more about all of the things that make Smugglers Run so magical, be sure to check out even more fun facts below:
- The Millennium Falcon which you’ll see docked in Black Spire Outpost at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge measures more than 100 feet long.
- At the start of the Smugglers run experience you’ll be greeted by Hondo Ohnaka. You may know him from “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and “Star Wars: Rebels” animated television series. This is the first time Hondo has been seen in any form other than an animated on-screen character.
- Guests enter the Falcon through an access hatch on its port side. While exploring the ship’s main hold, you may spot all sorts of iconic Star Wars items, including the helmet and remote Luke Skywalker used in his first lightsaber training! Keep an eye out for some Porg nests, too
- Industrial Light & Magic (the visual effects division of Lucasfilm) collaborated with Walt Disney Imagineering to create the gaming platform and interactive media for the attraction.
- If the Millennium Falcon sustains damage – such as smashing into obstacles or taking enemy fire – and is not properly repaired, the ship’s handling is affected during your ride experience and its hallways will show damage after you exit the cockpit.
- Disney Imagineers worked with Lucasfilm to ensure the authenticity in every detail that goes into the Millennium Falcon. This includes even the tiniest of details like hoses, pipes, switches and even the stickers on the exterior hull. Imagineers had the unique opportunity to visit Star Wars film productions in the United Kingdom to study Falcon sets and had access to archival footage of the ship.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with us for the latest Galaxy’s Edge news and updates!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, and Fastpass reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!