RECIPE: Recreate Galaxy’s Edge Ronto Wrap at Home
Are you ready for a Disney treat that is simply out of this world!? Thanks to a recent piece on Today, we now have a savory recipe allowing you to recreate one of the delectable Ronto Wraps from Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge.
For those unfamiliar, The Ronto Wrap features roasted pork, grilled sausage and crunch slaw and a cucumber peppercorn sauce stacked inside a warm grilled pita.
The recipe we’re about to share was taken from the “Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook” by Ashley Craft. This collection of 100 Disney-inspired recipes is brimming with a wide and eclectic array of incredible Disney eats and treats.
Give the recipe below a try and if you like it then be sure to pick up the cookbook which you can find on Amazon for $13.43 here.
The Ronto Wrap recipe appears in the Hollywood Studios section of the cookbook and was created by Today Food with images captured from the kitchen of Terri Peters!
- 1 medium English cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-fat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 4 medium cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons cracked black peppercorns
- 1 cup thin strips red cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup thin strips green cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (2.5-ounce) thin-cut pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 (6-inch long) pork sausages
- 6 pita breads
For the peppercorn sauce:
- In a medium bowl, add cucumber and sprinkle with salt. Let sit 10 minutes, then place in a cloth or paper towel and squeeze out all the liquid.
- In a separate large bowl, add yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, mint and peppercorns. Whisk to combine. Add cucumber and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the slaw:
- In a medium bowl, mix together red cabbage, carrots, green cabbage and onion.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over vegetables and stir. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the wraps:
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and grill 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chops to a cutting board. Cook sausages on grill over medium heat until cooked through and hot, about 8 minutes.
- Remove sausages to cutting board. Grill pita bread over medium heat until toasty, about 2 minutes.
- Place 1 pork chop, 1 sausage and 1/6 of the slaw on pita bread and top with 1/6 of the peppercorn sauce. Fold into a taco. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further delicious recipes allowing you to recreate some of your favorite Disney Treats at home.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, and Fastpass reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning.