RECIPE: Roasted White Chocolate Budino from Trattoria al Forno
Are you getting ready for Sunday Dinner? Why not add a bit of Disney magic with this recipe complements of the amazing chefs over at Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn! This recipe taken from an AWESOME Disney cookbook – Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition takes pudding to the next level!
The Roasted White Chocolate Budino is a rich, creamy dessert. If you order it up at Trattoria it usually comes served with amaretti cookies. Best of all, it tastes exquisite but is actually quite simple to make! So impress the fam this Sunday by giving it a try!
Roasted White Chocolate Budino from Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
Amaretti Cookies (Makes 2 1/2 Dozen Cookies)
- 1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes and stir.
- Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. (Color should be medium caramel.)
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
For Amaretti Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth.
- Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough.
- Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
To Serve: Top each Budino serving with an Amaretti Cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
If you like paper print-outs for your recipe book then you can find a handy print out version here – RECIPE_BoardWalk_TrattoriaAlForno_WhiteChocolateBoudino
Also be sure to be on the lookout for Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition. It is now on the shelves at select merchandise locations at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts! Pam Brandon, author of over 22 Disney cookbooks, once again collaborated with Disney chefs to create delicious new recipes from our Disney Parks and cruise ships.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more awesome eats and treats that you can make at home!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook