5 Wickedly Wonderful Ways To Celebrate Descendants’ 5th Anniversary
Where has the time gone Disney friends? This weekend marked the 5th Anniversary of the first Descendants film which debuted on July 31, 2015. This was the first time the world got to see the Villain Kids (or as they are often known the VK’s.) Over the past 5 years, this films have been a favorite of many Disney-loving kids as well as the characters Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos.
If you’re looking for fun “At-Home” activities for the week, why not throw a Descendants themed party to celebrate this momentous occasion! To provide you with a bit of inspiration, here are five activities to add a bit of Villainy to your August.
A Mischievous Marathon
Let’s start with the PERFECT way to celebrate the Descendants – by watching the films of course! And thankfully subscribers to the Disney+ streaming service can watch all of these films in their entirety! So make room on the sofa, get in those comfy pjs and have a family movie night!
Make a Midnight Snack
In the first Descendants film Lonnie (who is the daughter of Mulan) says that “chocolate chips are the MOST important food group.” If you agree then make some chocolate chip cookies for your movie night! Disney Family created a special recipe inspired by the movie which you can check out here!
Mal’s Love Cookies
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Edible gold mist
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs one at a time and mix well.
- In a Bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Put the electric mixer on the slowest speed and add flour mixture to butter, mixing until combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a rounded tablespoon to drop the dough on the baking sheet, leaving about two inches between each one. Gently Press Down on each piece of dough to flatten it slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes until set and golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave the cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, apply edible gold mist for a finishing touch.
Look Good to Be Bad With This Friendship Bracelet Kit
Show your love for the VKs with this awesome friendship bracelet kit available now at shopDisney. You can show of your style just like Evie or better yet, make one for your Descendants loving best friend or sister!
You can pick up your kit here for $10.95.
Learn All the Wicked Words
Sometimes it just feels good to belt Descendants songs at the top of your lungs. But, it helps to know the words first. Thankfully Disney & Vevo have singalong versions of most of the hits songs from all three films available to view on YouTube. To give you a taste, enjoy this version of “Rotten to the Core” above. Also be on the lookout for Singalong versions of “If Only,” “Did I Mention,” and “Set It Off.” just to name a few!
Add In Some Wicked Dance Moves
Okay, you’ve learned the words, now lets learn the steps! If you wish you could dance like Mal, Evie and the gang then get ready! The Disney Descendants YouTube channel has an entire playlist of dance tutorials featuring amazing choreography from all three Descendants films! Impress your friends and family members with these incredible routines!
Quiz; Discover Your Own Villainous Family
Last but not least, the geniuses over at D23 have come up with a fun quiz that the whole family can try out. You’ve probably put a lot of thought into which Disney villain could be your parent and now it’s time to put it to the test. This handy quiz can answer that question for you in no time. Let’s see what baddie you could be descended from.
Take the quiz on D23 here!
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more awesome at-home activities!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook