The Electrical Water Pageant Will Be Temporarily Unavailable When Disney Re-Opens
Lots of information has been released in the last few days about what Disney will look like when the parks re-open. Some of these safety guidelines have been well advertised. Only limited resorts will be open and many of the popular shows, parades and fireworks will not happen. But, there is also another group of entertainment that will also be unavailable, including the Electrical Water Pageant.
The Electrical Water Pageant History
The Electrical Water Pageant takes place every night on the seven seas lagoon in Bay Lake. It consists of 14 Electric floats that depict sea creatures. It debuted on October 25th, 1971 which was Dedication Day for Walt Disney World. It remains one of the few original open year shows running at Walt Disney World.
The parade has gone through many variations over the years, but here is the current float line-up that visitors earlier in 2020 would have seen each night:
Opening: “Fanfare” from The Little Mermaid
- Sea Serpent (four floats) “Boo Bop Bopbop Bop (I Love You Too)” from Pete’s Dragon
- Whale (one float) “Whale of a Tale” from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Turtle (one float)
- Octopus (one float) “Poor Unfortunate Souls” from The Little Mermaid
- Three Jumping Dolphins (three floats)
- Brachiosaurus (one float) “Walk the Dinosaur” by Was (Not Was)
- Crocodile (one float) “Never Smile at a Crocodile” from Peter Pan
- Four Seahorses (one float) “Fanfare” & “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid
- Neptune (one float) “Fanfare” & “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid
All floats then change to the American Flag & Stars as they have been doing since 1971 (Source: Wikipedia)
Other amenities and experiences that will also be unavailable include:
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Pin trading
- Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
MickeyBlog will keep you up-to-date on openings and closing as more information is released by Walt Disney World.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.com
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’m here to help you with everything you need to make your Disney Vacation Magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Renee@MickeyTravels.com or follow along on Facebook.