Disney World Sending Out “Know Before You Go” Email To Guests Visiting Between June 22 – July 4
As we previously reported here at MickeyBlog, as part of Walt Disney World’s phased reopening plans select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to guests on June 22, 2020, ahead of the theme parks.
To ready guests for some of the changes happening at Walt Disney World, those with a resort hotel room between June 22, 2020 – July 4, 2020, will receive an email from Disney. Guests with hotel bookings by the dates listed above are then being asked to contact Disney or your Travel Agent by June 12, 2020 to let them know if you’d like to confirm, modify or cancel your reservation ONLY for the dates outlined above.
Here’s a copy of the letter going out to guests:
Returning to a World of Magic
Though some of our experiences have changed, the magic never fades. It never wavers. And it’s still waiting for you to come and experience it. That’s why we are excited about your upcoming stay at a Disney Resort hotel.
But to help you confirm if now is still the right time for your visit, please review the following operational updates and contact your Travel Professional to confirm, modify or cancel your upcoming visit.
Here are a few of the changes:
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
While visiting Walt Disney World Resort, all Guests ages 2 and older—along with all Cast Members—will be required to wear face coverings.
THEME PARKS & EXPERIENCES
Our Theme Parks and Water Parks will still be closed during your travel dates. We will begin a phased re-opening on July 11. However, Disney Springs is currently in a phased re-opening with many retail and dining locations ready to welcome you.
Many Disney Resort benefits and amenities may be temporarily unavailable. Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will be open during your travel dates but other Disney Resort hotels will remain closed.
If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates or if you have a room and theme park ticket package, you can choose to modify your plans by contacting your Travel Professional.
During your stay, dining locations and experiences may be limited to manage capacity and foster physical distancing.
Resort transportation around the property will be available in a limited capacity to allow for physical distancing. Also, if you are arriving via Orlando International Airport, you may still take advantage of Disney’s Magical Express Service.
We know a stay here during this time will be different. But the world needs magic now more than ever. And we can’t wait to have you here with us. Hope to see you real soon!
Contact your Travel Professional to learn more about your reservation options and next steps. Response requested by June 12, 2020.
So What Do I Do If I Want To Confirm My Reservation?
If you still wish to continue your Walt Disney World booking for travel dates between June 22- July 4, 2020 please take the following steps to confirm.
- Contact Disney or your Travel Agent to notify them about your confirmation.
- As needed, our team will move Guests from closed to open resorts during this time. There is no additional cost to move It should also be noted that guests WON’T have an option to modify to another resort of your choice for this reservation.
- As previously communicated, for Guests who had a dining plan, Disney will be modifying their package to remove the dining plan.
- If guests staying are staying at a Walt Disney World resort before park opening on July 11, 2020, want to keep their reservation, you will be downgraded out of the ticket package and the package price will be reduced. Alternately, you can move their reservation to new dates, or cancel.
What Do I Do If I Want To Move My Reservation To a NEW Date in 2020?
- Contact Disney or your Travel Agent to modify their booking to a later date in 2020.
- If you would like to modify to a date on or after July 11, 2020, you may only modify to one of the announced opened resorts, based on availability. Guests will be responsible for any higher rates.
- Travel protection may be moved to a new reservation in 2020. You will be responsible for any difference in price.
What Do I Do If I Want to Cancel My Reservation?
- Contact the Disney Reservation Center to notify our team of your Guest’s cancellation.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook