Florida Governor Announces Phase 1 Reopening of Florida to Begin in May
As we continue listening to the Governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, layout the plan to reopen the state of Florida, we have learned that the official Phase 1 will begin on Monday, May 4. South Florida, including Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties, is excluded from the beginning of Phase 1 as their numbers continue to improve.
Here is what is included in Florida’s Phase 1 reopening:
- Schools will remain distance learning
- Visits to senior living facilities are prohibited
- Elective surgeries can resume
- Restaurants may offer outdoor seating with six foot space between tables and indoor seating at 25% capacity
- Retail stores can operate at 25% of indoor capacity
- No change for bars, gyms, and personal services such as hair dressers
- Vulnerable individuals should avoid close contact with people outside the home
- All individuals, when in public, should maximize physical distance from others
- Avoid socializing in groups of more than 10 people in circumstances that do not readily allow for physical distancing
- Face masks are recommend for those in face-to-face interactions and where you can’t social distance
During the press conference, DeSantis stated they will be following the “Opening Up America Again” guidelines of reopening in three stages. The state will closely monitor data daily to see when they can move to Phase 2. He said that they hope they can move between each phase “in weeks, not months.”
So, you might be asking, “What does this mean for Walt Disney World.” We are still unsure at this time. However, I think it looks promising that some establishments in Disney Springs might begin reopening as early as next week.
It’s still uncertain when the Parks might reopen, but it’s also important to remember that it’s going to take at least a few weeks to get the Parks and Cast Members up-to-speed from being closed for this extended period of time. Obviously, the Parks will not be reopening in Phase 1 of the Florida reopening but hopefully it will start reopening sooner and not later.
Has cabin fever set in and you’re ready to start planning your Disney vacation? Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation package* with me by May 31, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with a 3-day ticket.
Image/Source Credit: State of Florida