VIDEO: Get Ready For Show-Stopping Broadway Entertainment at This Year’s Festival of the Arts
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is now officially under a week away (January 17 – February 24, 2020) at Walt Disney World Resort. You won’t want to miss this celebration of the very best in visual, culinary and performing arts! A highlight of the festival again this year is the Disney on Broadway Concert Series.
With three daily performances each night during the Festival, the Series is headlined by stars who reprise their favorite songs from past performances in award-winning shows. Heidi Blickenstaff and Gavin Lee will be among the first performers for this years Disney on Broadway Concert Series line-up. Heidi is best known for her role as Ursula in Disney on Broadway’ s”The Little Mermaid” and Gavin received a Tony nomination for his turn as Bert in Disney’s “Mary Poppins.”
This duo will perform 5-nights of shows beginning January 18th. This includes a special performance with another legendary Broadway duo – Alton Fitzgerald White and Kissy Simmons.
Heidi and Gavin sat down with Disney to chat briefly about the awesome shows that await:
Here’s the full lineup of show-stopping talent for the Disney on Broadway Concert Series:
- Jan. 17, 20, 21 and 24 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“THE LION KING”)
- Jan. 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28, 29; Feb. 1, 2, 5 and 6 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Jan. 27, 30, 31, Feb. 3, 4, 7 and 8 – Liana Hunt (“Newsies”) and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 9 – Special performance featuring Lindsay, Massey, Hunt and Jacobs
- Feb. 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20 and 21 – Syndee Winters (“The Lion King”) and Michael James Scott (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 24 – Special performance featuring Brown, Strickland, Winters and Scott.
All performances take place at the America Gardens Theatre and are included with the cost of your Epcot theme park admission. Seating is on a first-come-first-serve basis. However, to guarantee seating, consider booking the Disney on Broadway dining package which includes a meal at one of Epcot’s amazing eateries and reserved seating for the concert. Packages at participating Epcot restaurants are now booking; visit ArtfulEpcot.com or call (407) WDW-FEST to make a reservation.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more news and updates regarding this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Arts!
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect sailing and stateroom to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook