Fabulous Ways to Ring in the Season at Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort
Did you know that you can do it all during a holiday visit to Downtown Disney? You’ll find perfect gifts, decor celebrating the season, incredible dining, festive entertainment and so much more.
Here are a few of our seasonal favorites!
There is no shortage of awesome gifts at Disneyland’s downtown shopping district covering an eclectic range of tastes!
- World of Disney – Make this your first port of call for awesome Disney souvenirs. You’ll find everything from toys, apparel, souvenirs and must-haves across the store’s 40,000 square feet. Highlights include the “ugly sweater” pictured above. You’ll even find a mini Christmas tree complete with ornaments! Also, be on the lookout for these adorable Christmas coasters at Disney Home.
- Ice-Land Workshop– Pop here for personalized Disney Christmas ornaments for a limited time.
- PANDORA Jewelry – Stop here for has limited-edition jewelry include their famous customizable bracelets that allow you to create truly unique statement pieces.
- Rinse Bath & Body Co.’s – Pick up their Sample of the Season Soap Box. It takes you through the refreshing, reminiscent scents of Frosted Pine Cone, Peppermint Patti and Spiced Cranberry. Best of all, these items are 98% natural, made from scratch the old-fashioned way with glycerin and essential oils.
- Sanuk- This is your one-stop-shop for fuzzy footwear featuring new, limited-edition socks picturing Mickey, Minnie, Donald or Pluto and new Star Wars socks in pink, green, red and blue, with box sets available.
- Also be on the lookout for other awesome speciality shops including The Disney Dress Shop, Sunglass Icon, Sephora, Sugarboo & Co., WonderGround Gallery and Curl Surf.
Sips, Eats & Sweets!
Bring your appetites and enjoy a bite at an open-air café, sip hand-crafted cocktails, indulge in gourmet desserts or savor an exquisite sit-down dinner:
- Ballast Point Brewing Co.- Your go-to spot for crafted a holiday-inspired brew, Ale Nog, which is an innovative take on the classic holiday beverage, while supplies last.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes- Here you’ll find another show-stopper, the Chocolate Peppermint CrazyShake, with a chocolate frosted rim and crushed peppermint topped with a Peppermint Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake slice, whipped cream and syrup! (Available December 9-31, 2019)
- Catal Restaurant- For something more luxurious try Catal’s elegant, three-course prix fixe menu on Christmas Eve with a choice of items such as filet carpaccio, Alaskan halibut, braised short rib pasta, egg nog pot de crème and chocolate raspberry mousse cake. An a la carte menu for children 10 and younger is available.
- Earl of Sandwich- Head to this much-loved sarnie shop for their Holiday Turkey Sandwich, a delicious layering of turkey, cornbread stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and mayonnaise on freshly-baked artisan bread.
- Kayla’s Cake’s – Here you’ll find holiday confectionaries galore including sweet snowman, gingerbread and snowflake macarons that are both delicious and adorable.
- La Brea Bakery Café – You’ll love their list of “glowing” cocktail list with the Jolly Old Fashioned, the Merry Manhattan, Tinsil-tini, Mistletoe Margarita and the Joyful Daiquiri. Splitsville Lanes, Catal, Uva Bar, Tortilla Jo’s and Naples Ristorante e Bar are getting in the spirit as well with holiday-themed “glow” margaritas and cocktails.
- Salt & Straw- Here you can savor a scoop or take home a pint of seasonal flavors such as Gingerbread Cookie Dough, Apple Brandy & Pecan Pie, and Peppermint Cocoa.
- Sprinkles- You’ll definitely want to pop in and try this bakery’s new Christmas Cookie Cupcake, along with a Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake and a Gingerbread Cupcake that can be boxed as a sampler which is always a hit at holiday parties!
- Wetzel’s Pretzels- This beloved pretzel shop is offering a reusable, light-up plastic Mason jar that you can sip from as you stroll the district. The cup glows in eight different colors!
The Downtown Disney District becomes even more festive at night with seasonal entertainment throughout December. This includes a cappella carolers- Holiday Harmony decked in their darling holiday sweaters, to the Sugar Plums, Jingle 5 and other talented musical groups throughout the promenade.
“Let It Glow” – This year Downtown Disney is showcasing a new, must-see display! This vibrant outdoor gallery with 200 UV glow trees along the district brings neon-bright holiday cheer day and night. The solid colored trees in fluorescent shades of blue, green, yellow, orange and pink vary in size and make an eye-catching backdrop for your next photo-worthy moment!
Thinking about a visit to Disneyland? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook