Fun Features of The All-New NBA Experience at Disney Springs
We are just a few short days away from the official opening of the NBA Experience at Disney Springs in Walt Disney World. Beginning on August 12th, this new attraction will immerse guests in the world of professional basketball, both as a fan and a player. It is a first-of-its-kind entertainment venue where guests of all ages and skills can celebrate, learn about their favorite teams and engage in 13 basketball-themed activities in a high-tech, interactive, family-friendly environment.
Fun Features You’ll Find at the NBA Experience
- Dribble! – Guests can test ball-handling skills with an interactive coach who leads a variety of dribbling routines
- Dunk! – Execute the perfect slam just like a superstar, captured by cameras surrounding height-adjustable baskets.
- Slingshot –Use an oversized slingshot (pictured above) to launch balls at hoops of varying heights, making as many baskets as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge.
- Shoot! – Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd while manoeuvring through a series of last-second shots before the clock expires.
- Combine – Compare wingspan and vertical leap to NBA or WNBA players with this series of tests that replicates NBA Combine drills.
- Draft – Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a special photo op that re-creates the electric atmosphere of the Draft stage.
- Replay – Take a seat at an interactive, multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games and use tools at the station to make the right calls.
- Players –Enter the off-court sanctuary of the locker room and explore current team rosters, records and highlights.
- Champions – Be immersed in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship teams and take a photo with replicas of the NBA championship and MVP trophies.
- “Game Time” – Watch a heartwarming film about the in-arena game experience and the impact it has on a young woman and her father.
- “Together” – Discover the amazing on- and the off-court story of an NBA superstar in this inspirational, 180-degree cinematic presentation.
- Arcade –Play interactive games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to the latest NBA video games.
- Trivia –Demonstrate knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a multi-player, real-time contest.
The NBA Store adjacent to NBA Experience also has some special treats in store for guests. Here you’ll find:
- A collection of official NBA and WNBA merchandise for adults and youth, including jerseys, apparel, headwear, basketballs, home goods, accessories and limited-edition memorabilia.
- Walt Disney World products designed by Disney specifically for NBA Experience, including Mickey Mouse Ear Hats with a basketball-inspired cap and a Mickey Mouse basketball-themed mini-backpack.
- An assortment of Disney products featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck in new basketball action poses.
- Customizable products, including phone cases, MagicBands and water bottles.
- NBA Experience-branded items, including backpacks, drinkware, basketballs, headwear and apparel.
So if you’re planning a visit to Walt Disney World be sure to schedule in stop to Disney Springs to check out all of the fantastic fun you can have at the NBC Experience! Tickets are required for this experience. The cost to attend is $34 per adult and $29 per child and can be purchased here.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Planning is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels and we’ll take care of the rest!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.