Avengers: Endgame Passes Avatar’s Box Office
Avengers: Endgame Passes Avatar
“A huge congratulations to the Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Studios teams; thank you to the fans around the world who lifted Avengers: Endgame to these historic heights,” said Alan Horn, Co-Chairman and Chief Creative Officer of The Walt Disney Studios, of the historic achievement. “Of course, even with the passage of a decade, the impact of James Cameron’s Avatar remains as powerful as ever, and the astonishing achievements of both of these films are ongoing proof of the power of movies to move people and bring them together in a shared experience. The talented filmmakers behind these worlds have much more in store, and we look forward to the future of both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Pandora.”
The Cornerstone of Modern Mythos?
Disney Tops Disney
- Avengers: Endgame shattered records when it opened day-and-date April 26 with $1.2236 billion globally, including $357.1 million and $866.5 million internationally. It crossed the $1 billion mark in just five days and the $2 billion mark in 11.
- To date it is the No. 2 domestic and international release of all time, with $853.4 million and $1.9358 billion, respectively. It’s the No. 1 release of all time in 25 territories, and the No. 3 highest grossing film of all time in China with $629 million.
- Avatar, released in 2009, has grossed a total of $2.7897 billion.
- Disney (completed its $71 billion purchase of most of 21st Century Fox’s assets earlier this year. ) acquired the “Avatar” franchise when it
- The space series will have a chance to take back its box office crown from “Endgame.” Disney is planning four “Avatar” sequels between 2021 and 2027.
Okay, NOW it's official.
On Sunday, Disney said the film had earned $2.79 billion at the global box office, topping “Avatar’s” record of $2.7897 billion. #AvengersEndgame #WhateverItTakes
— Sarah Whitten (@sarahwhit10) July 21, 2019
Have you seen Endgame? If so, how many times? Let us know in the comments!