Everything You Need To Know About Park Hopper Plus Tickets at Disney World
When it comes to planning a Walt Disney World vacation knowing what tickets are going to work best for your family is an important step of the process. Luckily Disney World has several different ticketing options which means you’re sure to find a plan that works best for you and your budget. However, out of the three main ticket options, there is one that I tend to get asked about the most – Disney’s Park Hopper Plus. Guests are often unclear about what these tickets entitle you to. With that in mind, I thought I’d give you a quick rundown so that you can determine if this ticket type is right for you.
Three Types of Walt Disney World Tickets
Though Disney World may offer special ticket packages from time to time (like the current 4 parks in 4 days offer) there are three main types of theme park tickets that you should consider when making your Disney World vacation plans. Let’s quickly take a look at each:
- Standard Theme Park Tickets – These start at a 1-day ticket and go all the way up to a 10-day ticket. Standard (base) tickets allow you access to any theme park you choose on that day but only one! On this ticket, you could wake up and decide to visit Magic Kingdom and that’s great. You could even leave Magic Kingdom for a bit in the afternoon and come back. That’s also okay. However, you cannot visit Magic Kingdom in the morning and Epcot in the afternoon with this ticket type. Prices for standard tickets are date based and also vary depending on the number of days.
- Park Hopper Tickets – Purchasing Park Hopper Tickets gives you the freedom and flexibility to visit as many parks as you like on a given day. With these tickets you can visit Epcot in the morning, Magic Kingdom in the afternoon and still catch the evening fireworks at Hollywood Studios! The cost of Park Hopper is added on to the base price of the standard tickets. Prices are $58.58 per person for a 1-day ticket, $69.23 for 2 or 3-day tickets and $79.88 for 4-days or longer.
- Park Hopper Plus Ticket – The Park Hopper Plus ticket holds all the benefits of the Park Hopper tickets outlined above. In addition, guests are also entitled to access to Disney World’s two Water Parks- Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon as well as a few other perks. The price for Park Hopper Plus tickets is tacked onto the cost of the standard Park Hoppers. This is a flat rate of $26.63 regardless of your length of stay.
Included with Park Hopper Plus Tickets
- Entry to Blizzard Beach
- Entry to Typhoon Lagoon
- Entry to Oak Trail Golf Course
- Admission to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (does not include events)
- Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf (before 4 PM)
- Winter Summer Land Miniature Golf (before 4PM)
How many times can I visit the places listed above?
This the great thing about Park Hopper Plus tickets and something a lot of first-time visitors may not realize. The number of entries you get depends on the number of days you have a theme park ticket for. If you have a 4-day park ticket then you have 4-days worth of entry to any of the attractions listed above. The selections are your choice. You could visit Blizzard Beach four times, visit four of the locations on the same day, or save up your credits and use them over four consecutive days at the end of your stay. It’s up to you! Those getting a 1-day park ticket should note that as an extra perk, you have 2 days worth of allocation rather than the standard 1.
Can I Use More Than One Admission a Day?
Yes! If you have a 4-day theme park ticket and Park Hopper Plus rather than stretching your Park Hopper plus allocations over four days you could do two each day. You could go to the water parks in the morning and then miniature golf at lunchtime. You could use all 4 allocations in a day if you wanted but that would mean that you wouldn’t have any more for the duration of your stay.
How Long Do I Have to Use My Park Hopper Plus Allocations?
Your Park Hopper Plus allocations must be used with 14-days of activating your theme park tickets.
Do I Need To Visit The Theme Parks First to Activate My Park Hopper Plus Allocations?
Nope. If you want to start off with a visit to the Water Parks you can do that first with your Park Hopper Plus tickets.
Can I Upgrade to Park Hopper Plus Once I Get to the Parks?
Absolutely! However, my piece of advice is to upgrade sooner rather than later. No matter how many days you have left on your tickets you still pay the same price for Park Hopper Plus. For that reason and to get the biggest bang for your buck, upgrade on your first day or as soon as you can!
Is Park Hopper Plus Worth It?
We think so especially for those already considering the standard Park Hopper ticket. As you can see below, with a one day ticket for the water parks coming in at $65 Park Hopper Plus pays for itself really quick. Let’s take a look.
- Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach: 1-day admission (no-blackout dates) $65.00 per adult and $59.00 per child (ages 3-9).
- Winter Summerland or Fantasia Miniature Golf – $14 per adult $12.00 per child.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: $18.50 per adult and $13.50 per child.
- Oak Trail Golf Course: $35.00 per adult and $19.00 per junior.
Why not try out Park Hopper Plus for yourself by planning your next Disney getaway! Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook