Everything You Need To Know About Adventureland at Disneyland Resort
For those planning a Disneyland getaway in 2019, nothing really captures that feeling of vintage Disney quite like a visit to Adventureland. The minute you walk underneath Adventureland’s iconic archway (pictured above) you’ll get wrapped up in the excitement and intrigue of a remote tropical jungle set in the mid-20th Century. This magical land will take you back to a time when explorers ventured into unknown realms including rainforests, India’s Lost Delta, the Polynesian islands and the waterways of Asia, Africa and South America.
What’s New In Adventureland for 2019 -Tropical Hideaway
Though Adventureland is one of the best places to check out some of Disneyland’s most iconic attractions there’s also been some exciting new changes that visitors can enjoy in 2019. You’ll definitely want to set aside some time to enjoy the new exotic marketplace- Tropical Hideaway. This new spot serves as an outpost for guests to sample delicious treats from around the world. The Tropical Hideaway is set along the Jungle River waterfront providing guests with the perfect spot to sit and relax. You can take in the colorful wildlife or chat up Rosita from Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room who is on hand to greet guests to this new eatery.
Attractions Found In Adventureland
Adventureland has four attractions including one with Disney FastPass. These are as follows:
- Indiana Jones Adventure – Use your FastPass to jump to the front of the line for this thrilling high-speed Indian Jones Adventure. Enter this cursed temple at your own risk!
- Jungle Cruise – Board a canopied tramp steamer and leave civilization behind on this tongue-in-cheek journey through some of the worlds most treacherous rivers including The Mekong, African Congo, Nile and Amazon.
- Tarzan’s Treehouse – Clamber up a tree stump and cross a rope bridge high in the sky. Overgrown with vines and constructed with parts salvaged from a shipwreck, the treehouse features inventions and vignettes that tell the story of Tarzan.
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room – An absolute feast for the eyes, this theatre-in-the-round show takes you through the beauty and magic of the Pacific Islands and features over 225 choreographed Audio-animatronic performers.
- Meet Moana- Keep an eye out for this much-loved Disney character who has been known to greet guests and appear for photos outside Tarzan’s Treehouse.
Those looking to do some shopping will not want to miss the exotic wares found at the Adventureland Bizarre.
Bengal Barbecue- Celebrating almost 30-years as a Disneyland institution, Bengal Barbecue is a popular spot for a quick, healthy meal. Highlights include chicken, beef or vegetarian skewers.
The Tiki Juice Bar – This snack shack is the home of the Dole Whip at Disneyland Resort.
The Tropical Hideaway – Recently opened, this marketplace-style eatery offers appetizing treats like warm steamed bao buns, chilled ramen salad, tropical-inspired snacks and delicious sweet treats!
One of the things that makes Adventureland a truly memorable experience is all of the lush landscaping. From hanging vines and orchid trees to the giant timber bamboo, this area of Disneyland really conveys the feeling of a journey to the tropics. The Jungle Cruise vegetation created by Disney Legend Bill Evans has three levels: the upper canopy, the understory and the forest floor.
Adventureland Fun Facts
- Indiana Jones Adventure – Guests entering the Temple of the Forbidden Eye will find hints of the adventure to come in the Mara-glyphics” along the temple passageways. See if you can translate the Mara-glyphics, which are based on the English alphabet.
- Tarzan’s Treehouse – This attraction was originally the Swiss Family Treehouse. it is more than 70 feet tall and pays tribute to its former theme with the “Swisskapolka” music playing on a gramophone near the end of the climb.
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room – This was the very first attraction to feature Disney’s audio-animatronic technology.
- Dole Whips – You can find The Tiki Juice Bar in front of the Enchanted Tiki Room which was originally going to be a restaurant. Many of the ideas from the original concept made their way over to Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel.
Cast Member Tips and Tricks For Visiting Adventureland
- Jungle Cruise – Don’t miss the beautiful bull elephants along the river’s edge. Walt Disney originally planned to have real-life animals from Africa inhabit the land. When he learned that real animals would hide or be too idle he asked Imagineers to build the animals.
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room- Have some trivia fun. See if you can name the four birds that host the show! Seats in the back rows against the wall have backrests!
- Adventureland Bazaar – Get your fortune told by a genie when you rub the magic lamp. Get any illness diagnosed by “Shrunken Ned” the suspended shrunken head. Also, if you see something you like in the shop and you purchase it while you are there you can use the package-hold service to pick it up later.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this little taste of all that a visit to Adventureland at Disneyland Resort has to offer! The best way to experience this magical land is to start planning your next Disneyland getaway. Simply fill out a form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook