New Events Announced For Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at the Magic Kingdom
With the holidays quickly approaching, it’s time to turn our attention to the New Year, and all of the exciting events and celebrations that await visitors to Walt Disney World! Starting on January 18, Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration kicks off at Magic Kingdom theme park. The event is designed to pay tribute to everyone’s favorite Disney couple and features new entertainment, merchandise, speciality food and so much more! Here’s a closer look at some of the amazing events that will be on offer:
- JUST ANNOUNCED: Mickey and Minnie Meet and Greet – This dynamic duo will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater. The will also be sporting a new wardrobe made especially for this fun-filled celebration.
- JUST ANNOUNCED: Celebration Station – Inside Town Square Theater you’ll also have the chance to sign a special guestbook to let Mickey and Minnie know how much you are enjoying their special soiree.
- JUST ANNOUNCED: “It’s a Good Time”- This new tune will play several times throughout the day as part of the all-new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party.” During this special event visitors will be able to dance along with your favorite Disney pals including Donald, Daisy, Goofy and more!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: Pluto Meet and Greet – Mickey’s beloved canine companion will be under the Big Top at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus to pose with guests!
addition to the Mickey and Minnie theme celebration, guests visiting in Early 2019 can also take part in these other fantastic events!
2019 is a big year for Hollywood Studios as it marks the theme park’s 30th Anniversary. Here are just a few of the ways to celebrate during your visit:
- JUST ANNOUNCED: New Logo!- On May 1, 2019, marks the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The park will celebrate this milestone all year long, starting Jan. 18 with a new 30th-anniversary logo.
- Meet Pixar Pals – Pixar Avenue will be the place for guests to show off their inner superhero with Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone, who will make appearances during a party featuring music, dancing, games and more. Edna Mode will also have a meet and greet where she’ll show off some of her greatest creations. Mike and Sulley from Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters, Inc.” will also be on hand to meet guests.
- “Disney Junior Dance Party!”- This new high-energy live show “Disney Junior Dance Party!” will feature characters from your favorite Disney Junior television series, including Vampirina, Doc McStuffins and many more.
Guests visiting in Early 2019 will not want to miss the chance to check out the dazzling Epcot International Festival of the Arts. Highlights include the Broadway Concert Series. Here are just a few of the exciting events coming to the festival this January and February.
- The Disney on Broadway Concert Series- This much-loved production expands to seven days a week during the festival, providing more opportunities than ever before to hear Disney on Broadway stars sing their favorite tunes from award-winning productions like “The Lion King,” “Frozen,” “Beauty and the Beast” and more!
- 13 Food Studios –Creative food and beverages kiosks around Epcot will be serving up an expanded selection of delicious new tastes and treats.
- Festival Shopping- Artwork will be available for purchase throughout the park, from the Art of Disney store to Festival Markets. Special festival merchandise will also be available at Mouse Gear and other Epcot locations.
- Family Fun – There’s something for art-lovers of all ages with performance artists, complimentary seminars, hands-on activities and Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt.
It’s also the perfect time to say “Adieu” to “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” which will be ending the second half of 2019 to make way for Epcot’s new evening offerings.
Over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Rafiki and Timon will take you for a toe-tapping walk on the wild side on Discovery Island with the new “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party.” Each day on Discovery Island, the dance party will encourage adventurers to unleash their inner animals on the dance floor as a street band plays a eclectic World Beat tunes.
These new parties and characters are only 60 days away! But we here at MickeyBlog think that is the perfect amount of time to start planning your early 2019 Disney World getaway. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.