10 Fun-Filled Ways Toy Story Land Will Make You Feel Like a Kid Again
Upon entering Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, it is hard (no matter what the age) to not be positively giddy with excitement. From fantastic thrills to a big dose of childhood nostalgia, this wondrous new land has it all! To give you a taste of the magic and whimsy that awaits, were here at MickeyBlog are excited to share with you 10 fun-filled ways that Toy Story Land will make you feel like a kid again!
1. Larger-Than-Life Friends- When the Imagineers planned out Toy Story Land, they really wanted to give guests the feeling that you’ve been shrunken down to the size of some of the toys found in Andy’s backyard. From Woody’s towering figure as you enter the park to Jessie and Rex enjoying their play date, you’ll be surrounded by the familiar figures you’ve come to love from the Toy Story film franchise.
2. Incredible Attention to Detail – Around nearly every corner at Toy Story Land are details that will make you “Ooh!” and “Aah!” Our favorite is definitely Andy’s giant footprint which you’ll find as you roam this section of the park. Its fantastic little surprises like this that fill you with a sense of childlike wonder!
3. Playful Souvenirs – Unleash your inner child with a colorful and fun variety of theme park merchandise. Our favorite has to be the alien headband which make the perfect accessory as you stroll around Andy’s backyard. Also be on the lookout for the Slinky Dog souvenirs which are sure to remind you of the slinky toys you played with as a child!
4. Iconic Trinkets and Toys – Everywhere you look you’ll see the images that remind you of your own childhood from buildings that look like they’re made out of checkerboards and building blogs to tinker-toy fencing, there are memories around every corner. Guests can also rest your weary feet on this lovely bench fashioned out of popsicle sticks!
5. Good Grub at Woody’s Lunch Box – Saunter on over to this Quick Service eatery and rustle up some delicious treats. You’ll find everything from Lunch Box Tarts which we guarantee will remind you of one of your favorite breakfast foods to S’mores French Toast. There’s also childhood favorites like grilled cheese sandwiches and potato barrels making it the perfect spot for a pit stop.
6. Slinky Dog Dash – Go soaring through Andy’s backyard on Slinky Dog’s back on this delightful family coaster. You’ll be squealing like a child no matter what your age as Slinky Dog bends, twists and stretches his way throughout Toy Story Land!
7. Escaping the Claw on Alien Swirling Saucers – Fans of the Toy Story films will love this interstellar romp aboard your very own flying saucer. The ride takes you inside a play set that Andy won at Pizza Planet. Be sure to hold on for some wild fun complete with electronic space music and an appearance by the awe-inspiring “Claw.”
8. Enjoy a Bit of Friendly Competition With Toy Story Mania – Visitors to this beloved Hollywood Studios attraction have the opportunity to zip through a virtual gallery of carnival games going toe-to-toe with your friend or family member to see who is the biggest sharpshooter! Guests are invited to play 5 unique virtual games all in 3D!
9. Pal Around with Some of Your Favorite Friends – At Toy Story Land you never know who is just around the corner. From photo ops with Woody, Jessie and Buzz to a chance to enjoy some games of skill with the Green Army men, you’ll really feel like a leading character in the films.
10. Merry and Bright Holiday Decor – To celebrate it’s first Christmas, Toy Story Land is pulling out all of the stops and giving the entire area of the park a fun-filled holiday makeover. Trust us when we say the holiday decor is big on humor and hijinks and will definitely put a smile on your face!
But don’t take our word for it! Whether it’s a last minute holiday getaway or putting the gift of Disney under your Christmas tree, now is the perfect time to start plotting your next getaway!
Simply fill out the form below to receive your FREE, no-obligation quote with MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of festive touches to make your destination Christmas truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.