8 Fun Activities for Kids at Epcot’s World Showcase
When it comes to planning a Disney World getaway with small kids, its common to give Disney’s Epcot theme park a miss or to devote just a half day. This is because many families have the misconception that the World Showcase is more geared toward older children and adults. Though at one time this may have been the case, Disney has been working over the years to change that. We here at MickeyBlog have compiled a list to give you a taste of the some of the fun activities you can enjoy with your kids during a visit to Epcot’s World Showcase.
1. Frozen Fun – If “Let it Go” is on a constant loop at your house than Epcot is definitely the place to be for all things Olaf, Anna and Elsa. The Norway Pavilion is home to Frozen After After, the only theme park attraction at Walt Disney World dedicated to the film. Visitors also have a chance to line up to meet Queen Elsa and Princess Anna of Arendelle at Royal Sommerhus. For a Frozen-themed VIP experience you may want to opt for the Frozen Ever After Sparkling Dessert Party which is filled with delicious goodies, offers amazing views of Epcot’s IllumiNations fireworks and speedy access to Frozen Ever After! The cost for the dessert party is $79 per adult and $47 for children (3-9.) Reservations can be made online.
2. Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure – Phineas and Ferb fans are in for a real treat with this interactive scavenger hunt. All you need to participate is a FONE (short for Filed Operative Notification Equipment) which you will find at the Agent P station on Odyssey Bridge or you can even use your own mobile device. Guests are then sent off on a mission to test your secret agent skills while solving clues to defeat Agent P’s arch nemesis. Clues will lead guests through the following countries in the World Showcase: China, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Each pavilion offers a different adventure that lasts 35 to 45 minutes. On each quest, guests will be wowed at how their gumshoeing skills unlock special effects and changes to the environment around the World Showcase. Trust me, parents, when I say that it’s pretty amazing. Kids can go on as many missions as they like throughout the day and the experience is included in the cost of your Epcot theme park ticket!
3. Kidcot Fun Stops – Newly sponsored by Ziploc, these stations located at each pavilion in the World Showcase are a great way to make learning about different countries, languages and cultures fun! Drop by any Kidcot Fun Stop and children will get to meet with a cultural ambassador who will take them through a fun activity. Art supplies can be found at each station where kids can decorate and personalize a keepsake. Stop by each of the countries in the World Showcase to amass a complete collection of your world travels!
4. Princess Dining – Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at Epcot’s Norway Pavilion is one of only a handful of places in all of Walt Disney World where guests can mingle with princesses while dining. Open for breakfast where guests can feast on continental breakfast items and warm skillets brought to the table or lunch and dinner where hearty seafood dishes are served, you can’t go wrong with a meal here. However, the real draw is the wonderful list of Disney Princesses who will be on hand to greet you during your visit. These include Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Princess Aurora, and Ariel. Parents prepare to get weepy when your little princes and princesses join their favorite characters for a princess procession around the restaurant! Reservations here are hard to come by so advanced bookign is essential. The cost ranges from $35 – 59.99 per adult or 1 Table Service Dining Credit. Bookings can be made via My Disney Experience or by calling 407.WDW.DINE.
5. Party with the Guardians of the Galaxy – For guests visiting this Summer, you’ll want to head over to the American Gardens Theatre where Star-Lord, Gamora and friends are hosting an out-of-this-world dance party. Now through August 19, 2018, guests can enjoy this live concert featuring music from both Guardians of the Galaxy films with the help of an alien band from Xandar. Taking you through hits of the 70’s, 80’s and more, this concert takes place five times throughout the day. If you’re lucky, you may even catch a glimpse of Little Groot! Guests are encouraged to pick up a Times Guide when you arrive at the theme park and enjoy one of these amazing concerts while you can!
6. Mexico Pavilion – If there’s one pavilion at Epcot that really seems to capture the imagination of kids its going inside the Mayan pyramid and checking out all the Mexican Pavilion has to offer. From the souvenirs, the erupting volcano and the cool dining at the San Angel Inn, this indoor market really ignites the imagination. The pyramid also houses one of the few rides you’ll find at the World Showcase- The Grand Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros. With the popularity of the Pixar film Coco you may even notice some movie related touches around the pavilion including special Magic Shots. Just outside the pyramid, Donald also holds a regular meet and greet that is popular with kids!
7. Princess Meet and Greets Galore – Many first-time visitors to Epcot don’t realize that it’s actually a wonderful place to have your autograph books handy and line-up to meet Disney Royalty. Mulan makes appearances throughout the day at the China Pavilion to meet with guests. You’ll also find Jasmine in Morocco, Belle in France, and Snow White in Germany. Mary Poppins and Alice are also available at the United Kingdom Pavilion throughout the day. Locating these much -loved characters can make walking around the World Showcase pretty exciting!
8. Incredible Entertainment – One of the best way for kids to learn about different cultures is through the amazing entertainment you’ll find throughout the World Showcase. Some of our favorites include the gravity-defying Jeweled Dragon Acrobats found at the China pavilion, the Matsuriza drummers in Japan, Sergio the master juggler and mime in Italy and Serveur Amusant bringing their authentic brand of Parisian street performance to the France Pavilion. Pick up a times guide when entering Epcot and be sure to check out one or more of these amazing acts!
So if you’re planning your Walt Disney World vacation and think that the World Showcase is just for grown-ups, think again! There is so much to do, that you can easily spend a day checking out all that this amazing area of Epcot has to offer! Bon Voyage!
Now is the perfect time to plan your Epcot visit. There are fantastic discount packages available throughout the remainder of 2018. Packages are also currently available to book throughout 2019. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote from an agent at MickeyTravels!