Experience the Joy of the Holiday Season at Disney World Starting This November
It’s Christmas in July, as Disney announced today all of the exciting details for the special celebrations happening at Walt Disney World in 2018! From festive decor to unique character experiences and from delicious treats to magical family moments you won’t soon forget, there is something for everything during Disney World 2018 Holiday Season. Here is a preview of the fantastic experiences that await guests starting on November 8, 2018.
Magic Kingdom – It’s the most wonderful time of year to walk down Main Street USA with festive decorations, delicious holiday treats and a shimmering ice palace as this iconic theme park undergoes its Winter transformation. This year’s festivities include the always popular Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, a special ticketed event that takes part on select nights starting on November 8th. Highlights of this fun-filled seasonal soiree including a special showing of the Holiday Wishes fireworks, Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas and Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show. Other highlights include a festive castle lighting ceremony, the chance to meet special characters and complimentary cookies and hot cocoa!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios- This theme park is quickly becoming the place-to-be for Disney World holiday-goers and this year promises to be no different. Guests will experience a Flurry of Fun from November 8, 2018- January 6, 2018. Here’s a sneak peek of some of the offerings you’ll find:
- Toy Story Land will feature special seasonal touches and Alien Swirling Saucers will be updated with a special seasonal soundtrack.
- The popular Sunset Seasons Greetings will be back with new laser effects and snow! Visitors will also be able to witness the spectacular holiday projections on the Hollywood Tower Hotel which will feature familiar faces including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Olaf and more!
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Will nighttime spectacular will once again wow evening crowds with its state-of-the-art projections, dazzling special effects and festive soundtrack which combine to create a one-of-a-kind holiday experience.
- Santa will also be in residence to greet guests at the Once Upon a Time shop on Sunset Blvd. from November 10- December 24, 2018, when he is then replaced by Santa Goofy.
Epcot – This Disney theme park truly pulls out the stops each Holiday Season and 2018 is no exception. Experience holiday traditions from around the World during the Epcot International Festival of Holidays which will kick off on November 18 this year. Here’s a look at some of the other seasonal offerings that will be on offer:
- Holiday Kitchens will allow guests to sample seasonal treats from around the globe.
- Special Entertainment will also be found throughout the various countries in the World Showcase including music, storytelling dance and so much more!
- Kids will love Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree scavenger hunt. Families can purchase a map and sticker set from select merchandise locations before heading off on a Yuletide quest throughout the World Showcase to find their missing Christmas ornaments. The maps will be available for $6.99 (plus tax).
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will once again feature an emotional holiday ending.
- Candlelight Processional, one of Epcot’s most beloved holiday traditions will be returning. This gorgeous retelling of the Christmas Story features an amazing orchestra, choirs, and a celebrity narrator. The processional will run three times each night from November 22 – December 30, 2018.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom – New for this year, Animal Kingdom’s seasonal line-up will include Diwali, the Holiday Festival of Lights based on Indian tradition which will be incorporated in UP! A Great Bird Adventure. Starting on November 8, 2018, guests can join fun-loving cohorts Russell and Dug in discovering some of the world’s most exotic birds but with a seasonal twist.
Disney Springs – The ultimate holiday shopping destination, Disney Springs will be adding a bit of its own holiday magic into the mix. The festivities will run from November 8, 2018 – January 5, 2019, and will include:
- The Christmas Tree Trail will be making a return with its custom-decorated holiday trees. Each tree on display will be dedicated to a popular Disney theme including characters like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Mary Poppins.
- Santa will return to his Chalet at Disney Springs where he will be accepting Christmas wish lists! From December 25- December 31, 2018, he will be replaced by Santa Goofy.
- Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt – Fun for the whole family, this Stitch-themed scavenger hunt will set you off in search of the secret hiding place of the loveable Experiment 626!
Walt Disney World Resorts – The Yuletide fun isn’t limited to Disney World’s theme parks. Each of Disney’s incredible resorts will be packed with holiday charm! Some highlights include:
- The life-sized gingerbread house will be returning to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa which will also feature a holiday bake shop serving up delicious treats.
- The gingerbread carousel will also be returning to Disney’s Beach Club Resort and also the holiday village with a miniature train set at the neighboring Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge will undergo holiday transformations including massive Christmas trees that you really must see to believe!
- Holiday Dining – No destination Christmas would be complete without special dining experiences. Holiday menus that celebrate this special time of year will be found at restaurants throughout Walt Disney World.
New Years Celebrations at Walt Disney World Resort – The fun doesn’t stop at Christmas, guests ringing in the New Year at Disney World are in for a real treat. Visitors will be able to choose between two New Year’s Eve celebrations at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration and Disney’s Countdown to Midnight! There will also be the option to purchase VIP access to the Ink and Paint Club. Both celebrations will offer entertainment, music, food, drinks and a viewing of Magic Kingdom’s New Year’s Eve fireworks display!
Holiday dining information and reservations can be found online via My Disney Experience or by calling (407) WDW-DINE. For more about speciality ticketed events including Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party visit Disneyworld.com/Christmasparty To make it even easier to vacation at Walt Disney World during the holidays, guests can visit www.DisneyWorld.com/Holidays.
Make 2018 the year you head to Disney World for a destination Christmas! Reach out to MickeyTravels below to receive your FREE quote!