Happy Birthday Disney Magic!
Today, we’re celebrating a Disney Cruise Line milestone! The original ship in the Disney Cruise Line Fleet, the Disney Magic is celebrating its 25th Birthday! The ship took its maiden voyage on July 30,1998 ushering in a new era in family cruising!
More About the Disney Magic
If you’ve ever stepped foot aboard the Disney Magic you’ll know what a whimsically wonderful place it is! Here are some awesome fun facts about Disney’s original ship!
The Disney Magic was built in Fincantieri-Marghera & Ancona, Italy, and comes in at a mighty 84,000 gross tons. The ship measures 984 feet long and holds 950 crew members. There are 11 passenger decks that can accommodate an additional 2,713 passengers.
The Disney Magic boasts 875 staterooms. Inside staterooms account for 30% and there are 262 inside rooms in total! In addition, you’ll find 613 outside staterooms, 229 of which have ocean views and 384 that have verandahs. There are 22 suites.
The crown jewel of Disney Magic is its stunning atrium lobby. Located on Deck 3, its pans three decks and often takes center stage for meet and greets, parties, seasonal entertainment, and more!
On board the Disney Magic, you’ll find the stunning, Art Deco-style Walt Disney Theatre, home to Broadway-style entertainment including Tangled The Musical. The theatre, located on Deck 4 holds 977 guests.
But that’s not the only theatre you’ll find on board! The Disney Magic is also home to the Buena Vista Theatre where you can watch current Disney movie releases while at sea. The theater holds 278 guests and even has a concession stand because what would a movie be without popcorn?
There are some absolutely incredible dining options available on Disney Magic including:
- Rapunzel’s Royal Table – Exclusive to Disney Magic, this dining experience is inspired by the beloved story of Rapunzel in Tangled. Guests are magically transported to the kingdom of Corona for an evening of music and interactive fun featuring Rapunzel and the Snuggly Duckling Thugs.
- Lumieres – “Be Our Guest” in a grand dining room inspired by Beast’s Castle. You can relive the magic of Beauty and the Beast at the restaurant named after the beloved candelabra from the animated film.
- Quick & Casual Dining – Passengers aboard the Disney Magic can enjoy quick convenient meals and snacks with casual walk-up dining options, including a free-flow casual dining restaurant.
Pools, Waterslides, and More
You’re sure to have a Splashtastic time aboard the Disney Magic. Here’s some of the fun that awaits:
- AquaDunk – A 37-foot-tall body slide begins with a surprise launch. Riders step inside a translucent tube and await the near-vertical launch that takes place when the floor beneath opens up. Passengers send plummeting send guests on an exhilarating, swift, and splashy ride, starting high atop the forward tunnel on Deck 13 and ending on Deck 10. Best of all, the clear slide also extends 20 feet over the side of the ship.
- AquaLab – On the Disney Magic, guests can get soaked in this interactive water playground open to kids aged 3 and older. You’ll find jets, geysers, and bubblers in this 1,800-square-foot space.
- Twist ‘n’ Spout – A tame waterside for littler passengers, riders are taken through a series of spirals and turns, with three large loops.
- Nephew’s Splash Zone – Tiny tots up to age 3 are invited to Nephews’ Splash Zone dedicated to Huey, Dewey, and Louie. You’ll find pop jets, squirting figures of Donald Duck’s nephews.
- Goofy’s Pool – This is a place where families can enjoy all of the activities up on deck. This includes a giant LED screen known as Funnel Vision which is 30 feet wide and 18 feet high and features films, television shows, and more!
- Quiet Cove Pool – Guests ages 18 and above will find this secluded oasis featuring a whirlpool spa, lounge area, and Signals Bar.
- Wide World of Sports – Head to Deck 10 for some fun in the sun with basketball courts, ping-pong tables and other activities that sports enthusiasts are sure to love.
Special Spaces for Kids
Disney Magic is the ship that started it all with its incredible fully-immersive spaces exclusively for kids. Here’s what you’ll find on board:
Disney’s Oceaneer Club- Disney’s Oceaneer Club, open to 3-to-12-year-old children, transports kids to the magical lands of Disney fairies, courageous Super Heroes, adventuresome toys, undersea exploration, and Force-filled characters that are out of this world. Highlights include:
- Star Wars: Millennium Falcon – This force-filled play area is inspired by the iconic Star Wars ship. Kids will get a chance to pilot the spaceship, train like Jedi and enjoy crafts, games, and activities.
- Marvel Super Hero Academy – Learn about enlightenment, worthiness, and loyalty from real-life Super Heroes.
- Andy’s Room – The world of Pixar comes to life in this recreation of Andy’s room from the Toy Story films.
- Pixie Hollow – Children are transported to the land of Tinker Bell and pals. A pixie tree takes pride of place in the center of the room with branches extending overhead complete with fairy lights. This is the perfect place to let your imagination soar with
- Disney Junior – Enter the worlds of your favorite Disney pals with games, character fun, and more.
- Disney’s Oceaneer Lab – Set up for 3 to 12-year-olds, get ready for a journey of discovery and exploration. Create and star in swashbuckling performances, hear stories, take part in arts and crafts, watch movies and more!
- It’s a Small World Nursery – Littlest cruisers ages 6 months to 3 years can spend time in this space that offers babysitting services in a colorful, fun environment.
- Edge – Provides guests 11 to 14 with their own special hangout where they can connect with other tweens from around the world. You’ll find high-tech entertainment complete with flat-screen TVs, computers, and video games.
- Vibe – Created especially for guests ages 14 to 17 with their own special place where they can connect with other teens from around the world.
Spa and Salon Services
- Chill Spa For Teens – Guests ages 13 to 17 can relax in two treatment rooms with showers where teens can destress and chill out with spa treatments.
- Senses Spa & Salon – Enjoy some pampering and relaxation while at sea and enjoying stunning ocean views. The spa features private treatment rooms, couple’s only spaces, Rainforest rooms, steam, heat, and hydrotherapies.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – Aspiring young princesses and knights become Disney royalty with the help of a fairy godmother-in-training. On Pirate Night, the space transforms into The Pirates League, where young sailors can unleash their inner buccaneer.
Disney Magic Destinations
Dinsey Magic itineraries are currently available to book through the Summer of 2024 with ports-of-call including an eclectic array of fabulous destinations. Disney Magic itineraries include:
- 2-Night Baja Cruise from San Diego
- 3-Night Baja Cruise from San Diego
- 3-Night Lighthouse Point Preview Cruise from Fort Lauderdale
- 3-Night Bahamian from Fort Lauderdale to San Juan
- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Fort Lauderdale
- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- 4-Night Baja Cruise from San Diego
- 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans
- 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Fort Lauderdale
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- 5-Night Baja Cruise from San Diego
- 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Fort Lauderdale
- 5-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale
- 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Fort Lauderdale
- 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans
- 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston
- 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
- 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami with 2 Stops in Castaway Cay
- 6-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston
- 6-Night Bahamian Cruise from San Juan to Galveston
- 6-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston to San Juan
- 7-Night Mexican Riviera Cruise From San Diego
- 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan
- 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Galveston
- 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans
- 14-Night Panama Canal Cruise from Miami to San Diego
- 14-Night Panama Canal Cruise from San Diego to Galveston
Happy 25th Birthday Disney Magic! Here’s to 25 more incredible years of Magic at sea! For those interested in experiencing the magic of a Disney Cruise Line sailing for yourself, fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Whether it’s a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii, or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait to help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This injdjdjdcludes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking, and more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!